Packet Core Engineer
WIND is recruiting a Packet Core Engineer, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- In WIND we are committed to becoming an outstanding independent telecommunications company in the European market, delivering unique value for money services to our customers. Our ambitious commitment mobilizes us to keep evolving, to seek out new challenges and to change, without fear, in a creative and empowering environment! All these elements create a high performance culture, characterized by the passion, talent and competencies of our employees.
- We see each new colleague as a unique team member and a major investment for our company’s future, and now we are looking for a talented and highly-motivated “Packet Core Engineer” to join a team of bright professionals.
- Participate in the end-to-end design for network element deployment, service deployment from proof of concept through lab validation to production environment launch.
- Support major hardware and software upgrades working with vendors and connecting peer nodes to ensure seamless operation.
- Evaluate new and existing technologies that support the network architecture evolution and business goals.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Telecoms.
- 3+ years’ relevant work experience.
- Good knowledge of EPC network architecture, interfaces and dependencies between network components.
- Hands - on experience with packet core nodes e.g. SGSN/MME, GGSN/PGW PCRF, and related interfaces.
- Awareness of new technologies including 5G.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies or virtualization, ability to understand their implications in network operation is considered an advantage.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Self-driven, able to quickly learn new technologies.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.