Network Management Operations Engineer
WIND is recruiting a Network Management Operations Engineer,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- In WIND we are committed to becoming an outstanding independent telecommunications company in the European market, delivering unique value for money services to our customers. Our ambitious commitment mobilizes us to keep evolving, to seek out new challenges and to change, without fear, in a creative and empowering environment! All these elements create a high performance culture, characterized by the passion, talent and competencies of our employees.
- In WIND, we believe in a world of connection, interaction and sharing!
Our passion is that people enrich their lives with all that communications technology makes possible.
We want our Customers to focus only on expressing themselves, while we take care of the technology that enables them.
So, if you want to take part in changing how people experience their lives, WIND is the right place to be.
Start today, as a Marketing Sales Coordinator and drive our growth and our customers’ experience, by analyzing data and putting forward business proposals.
- Working as a Network Management Operations Engineer.
- Working as standby being responsible to troubleshoot incidents either remotely or onsite.
- The role requires a detailed and thorough understanding of networking principals and significant experience of infrastructure management systems.
- Participation in network upgrades projects related to new NMS platforms and network tools.
- Install, configure and maintain Linux Operating Systems networks, custom applications, and peripherals.
- Troubleshoot complex system-level or application related problems.
- Implement and maintain security controls on all corporate systems.
- Respond to ticket requests submitted by employees.
- Perform daily/weekly/monthly health checks of the Linux, VMware, and SAN Infrastructure.
- Stay abreast of current technology trends and the impact to the internal infrastructure.
- Document system and application setups/deployments.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2+ years of relevant experience as an IT/OSS administrator.
- Experience with high availability configurations, database and storage.
- Knowledge of IT/OSS support principles and processes.
- Experience with scripting and actively writing/modifying code.
- Experience in administrating databases i.e. Oracle, Postgres etc.
- Experience supporting and managing an enterprise virtual environment (VMware vSphere 6).
- In depth knowledge of Linux: RedHat, CentOS, Windows etc.
- Experience with Storage Area Networks and related technologies.
- Basic knowledge of routers/switches/firewalls.
- Good oral and written communication skills, including ability to interact professionally with vendors and department staff.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.