Diageo is recruiting a Wholesale Salesman, to be based
in various locations, Greece.
- Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose - Celebrating life, every day, everywhere - has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
- Basic purpose of the role is to effectively manage and develop W/S accounts in a designated area in order to deliver the profit, volume, sales driver and brand building objectives, expressed in the commercial plan, through compelling customer propositions that unlock growth opportunities and maximise sustainable profit delivery.
- Development of an area coverage/contact plan to guarantee delivery of objectives expressed in the commercial plan.
- Drive maximum Return of Investment from allocated area (through commercial proposals).
- Close monitoring and follow up on brilliant execution through regular and consistent coverage plan within outlets.
- Relationships management (commercial agreements according to policy, implementation of agreements, exploration of opportunities).
- Detailed tracking and analysis of financial performance ensures targets are successfully reached through necessary course correction as required.
- Responsible for governing depletions and stock data.
- Closure of aging debt (collections).
- Decides and suggests tailor made activation and monitors detailed elements of activity execution.
- Leads customer contact/network plan within area of responsibility.
- Identifies opportunities for new business development in area of responsibility.
- Accurate and timely approval of rebates, invoice claims and deductions.
- Strong ownership of the day-to-day customer relationship through effective negotiation, persuasion and conflict management/resolution skills.
- Creates the conditions for an amazing relationship with the customer through great cross-functional behaviours and ways of working.
- Ensures that all customer data and information required to support the customer relationship is rigorously and robustly managed.
- Ability to understand customer requirements and match these to specific Diageo propositions.
- Thorough orchestration of all aspects of programme activation with rigorous attention to detail.
- Expert analysis of multiple data sources is converted quickly into simple, clear, actionable implications.
Ways of Working expected
- Ownership and accountability for outcomes (acting like an owner, actively taking initiatives to drive great performance).
- Understanding ROI for each key customer through detailed P&L analysis.
- Implementation of structured appointment with particular focus on preparation (product prioritization, NSV, debts etc.).
- Excellent cooperation with Outlet Developers and effective information flow within the team regarding Sell Out, Stocks, opportunities, competition etc.
- Ongoing & effective cross-functional cooperation to deliver holistic performance.
- Approximately 3 years in Sales department of FMCG - On Trade experience is a big asset.
- Excellent relationship-building skills, confident and solid communication, team-playing, innovative thinking, results-orientation, high energy, great negotiations skills, excellent presentation skills, good prioritization, focus on total company delivery.
- P&L literacy - strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Comfort using MS Office (especially excel) and fluency in both Greek and English.
- University degree in Business. Postgraduate degree will be considered as an asset.
- This position will be based in Chania or Irakleio.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.