Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a Watchman,
to be based in Lesvos, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations.
- Carry out surveillance and guarding activities in MSF facilities, according to security rules, in order to ensure the safety and security of all mission’s personnel and premises.
- Surveil MSF premise’s access and guide people to reception within authorized hours.
- Contact administration team for authorising people access.
- Watch MSF premises and property’s perimeter fence through regular patrols.
- Remain on duty until other watchman comes to do a handover and never leave post unattended.
- Organize traffic of vehicles within the premises and direct them in and out.
- Check that doors and windows are locked and lights are off when people leave premises.
- Check that security lights are working properly and inform line manager of any possible problems.
- Keep area within MSF premises clean and tidy (ex. empty dustbins, sweep paths, etc.).
- Perform general maintenance activities of the garden (ex. cut grass, maintain flower beds, prune trees if necessary, etc.).
- Maintain watchmen’s torch and other lighting tools return used batteries and keep the necessary supply of spare batteries.
- Maintain communication equipment (radio) in working conditions and provide battery availability.
- Supervise diesel/petrol tank levels and provide spare can of fuel.
- Ensure the correct functioning of generator and water pumps (starting, switching off, record sheet of operating hours and maintenance).
- Ensure correct use of extinguishers and be aware of their location.
- Informing line manager of arrival of any materials before unloading and helping MSF staff carry heavy items, if necessary.
- Education: None is required, desirable literacy.
- Experience: None is required.
- Languages: Local language essential. Functional English. Desirable basic mission language knowledge.
- Teamwork, intercultural sensitivity, flexibility are essential.
- Part time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
- Private insurance.
- Duration: 6 weeks (high possibility of extension).
- Location: Lesvos.
- Please send your CV and a cover letter in English at the following email address, quoting reference code "Watchman Lesvos" in the subject line of the e-mail: email@example.com.
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Indicate the source of the job position in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Send your Documentation via email at
firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference code "Watchman Lesvos" in the subject line of the e-mail.