VP of Engineering
- Pollfish is a technology company with the vision to change the landscape of market research on mobile. Accessing more than 400,000,000 consumers via 3rd party mobile apps, Pollfish brings realtime, cost-effective and immediate consumer insights to its clients.
Pollfish is transforming survey intelligence with the most accurate, cost effective results and the quickest survey completion times by reaching respondents 24/7 through online surveys anywhere they happen to be online.
Pollfish's survey platform delivers online surveys globally through mobile apps and the mobile web along with the desktop web to ensure your survey reaches just the right audience and provides the most cost effective and quickest survey results.
Only Pollfish lets you survey millions of respondents in real time, 24/7 the world over so you always have the consumer, public or market intelligence you need to stay informed about what the world likes, wants, feels and does.
We have offices in New York, and Salt Lake City in the US. Pollfish Inc, is a VC backed firm.
Pollfish is recruiting a VP of Engineering, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Pollfish is disrupting a $50B Market Research industry and makes consumer market research available to all. With our DIY research tool combined with our proprietary network of 600M consumers, we enable companies of all sizes to connect with and understand real consumers worldwide in a fast, easy and cost-effective way.
We have raised millions from institutional investors and we are helping more than 1,500 clients - from small startups to fortune 10 companies - with their research needs. With offices in NYC and Athens, Pollfish doubled in size the past year. We have a fresh perspective on market research, and our team is passionate about redefining the industry standard of how it is talked about, thought about, and conducted. Join our growing team and help us improve market research, one survey at a time.
- We are looking for a charismatic individual to join the executive team and lead a team of extremely talented engineers.
As Pollfish is at the next stage of growth, we are looking for a technology leader that will be accountable for the software development, architecture and DevOps of our overall product portfolio.
You will manage, mentor, and lead multiple teams of developers and be part of a dynamic environment that embraces collaboration, creativity, and provides you with an opportunity to help us scale and get to the next level.
Our engineering team is based in Athens Greece and the technologies that we use include Scala, Spark, Postgres SQL, Cassandra, Kafka and React JS.
- Lead and mentor teams of software engineers, covering a diverse set of technology domains, including frond-end, back-end architecture, API services design, UI application development, and DevOps.
- Set the vision and strategy for the engineering team, be the voice of engineering.
- Work with Tech Leads, Product Management, and other stakeholders to plan and execute technology projects.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated leadership experience leading an engineering team of 10 engineers or larger, ideally where you managed growth of that team.
- Hands-on experience across a wide range of technical disciplines.
- Deep experience implementing engineering, management, and process best practices within a rapidly growing team.
- A B.S. in computer science or appropriate field, or an analogous level of experience.
- Exceptional communication skills in both formal and informal settings.
- Proven success in recruiting and retaining high-performing engineering teams.
- Stock option plan.
- An attractive salary package.
- Employer sponsored health insurance plan.
- Monthly coupons for personal groceries.
- Flexible working hours, ability to occasionally work from home.
- Healthy food, snacks and beverages.
- Weekly lunches.
- Workstation hardware of your choice.
- Pleasing and flexible startup environment.
- Part of an innovative tech company.
- Pollfish is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.