Volunteer Project Management Officer
ActionAid is recruiting a Volunteer Project Management Officer,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Founded in 1972, ActionAid has been fighting poverty worldwide for over 30 years. In 2013, ActionAid's work reached 15 million people in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
At ActionAid we take advantage of over 30 years of knowledge and experience in fighting poverty. We don't impose solutions, but work with communities over many years to strengthen their own efforts to throw off poverty.
- We are currently recruiting a dynamic professional with an academic degree in Social Studies, Humanitarian or other related field and at least two (2) years of working experience in volunteering management, to organize and execute all activities related to EU Aid Volunteer Programmes. We are looking for candidates with strong project management skills, excellent use of the Greek and the English, (Knowledge of Spanish, French will be considered as an asset), creative thinking, and ability to work under strict deadlines. Availability for frequent travel abroad is also essential.
- Execute the recruitment process, according to EU specifications.
- Organise the logistics related to deployment process once engaged, during deployment and after completion (induction, trainings, flight reservations etc).
- Attend consortium meetings and make field visits.
- Maintain ongoing communication with deployed volunteers and hosting countries.
- Organize dissemination events as well as produce related communication material.
- We offer an attractive remuneration package, along with a friendly work environment. We provide personal development opportunities, as well as opportunities to have a real impact on our societies. We embrace creativity and diversity. We operate as an equal opportunities employer, welcoming all applications regardless of gender, sexual orientation, nationality, religion or beliefs, etc.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within two (2) weeks of the closing date. Should you not hear from us during this time, do not be disappointed. Keep on following us on facebook and twitter to find a job opening that matches your profile. All applications will be treated as strictly confidential and according to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).