Faros is recruiting a Vocational Instructor, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Faros is a Christian organization that since 2014 has been providing care and humanitarian support to refugee children and families in Athens, Greece.
We are passionate about protecting refugee children and helping them achieve their potential.
- Faros is looking for a Vocational Instructor to coordinate and deliver vocational and innovation training program for refugee youth.
- Support the development of teaching curricula.
- Deliver vocational and innovation training according to curricula content.
- Organize trainings internally and in coordination with external partners.
- Ensure that teaching resources are current and complementary for workshop equipment.
- Contribute to the revision and development of teaching resources.
- Identify models of best practice, innovation and technology for the workshops.
- Ensure that health and safety standards are implemented and upheld.
- Motivate and engage youth to participate in the program.
- Monitor and report on workshop activities.
- Carry out necessary teaching tasks and support special projects as requested.
- Strong all-round technical knowledge.
- Degree or diploma as engineer, electrician, carpenter or similar.
- Teaching experience.
- Experience in working with youth.
- Fluency in English and Greek.
- Self-starter/able to use own initiative.
- Team player.
- Looking for the best in people and is good at empowering others.
- High level of flexibility.
- Looking for solutions and has the ability to keep calm in stressful situations.
- Relates warmly to people.
- Awareness of own limitations and when to seek help.
- Proactive and enthusiastic.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter