Upstream is recruiting a UX/UI Designer,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Upstream is a leading mobile technology company providing 1.2 billion people with affordable and secure access to digital services. Our Zero-D service provides free access to the internet essentials to 250 million users. Our security platform, Secure-D, in 2018 processed over 1.8 billion mobile transactions and blocked over 63,000 malicious apps in 16 countries. We work with over 60 mobile operators, across more than 45 high growth markets.
- Within the context of a new, exciting, project, aiming to revolutionise mobile internet access in emerging markets, Upstream is looking to hire a UX/UI Designer, for Zero-D, its new mobile solution (http://www.upstreamsystems.com/zero-d/). The UX/UI Designer should oversee and contribute to the creation of mobile optimized websites and applications, resulting in an interface that is both original and easy to use. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and functional design and always make the end-user’s needs a priority. Your work will ultimately allow Zero-D to positively impact millions of consumers around the world.
- Understand user needs and combine them with business goals, aiming for a compelling overall vision of the user experience. Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and focus on the end-user.
- Work closely with product and engineering to develop interaction models, user workflows, UI wireframes and workable mock-ups / prototypes.
- Analyze each of the product features and paying attention to each detail of the interface.
- Suggest UI improvements to the existing features by working with internal teams, seek their feedback and incorporate it in design revisions.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering, keeping projects on track.
- Conduct competitive benchmarking activities (e.g. User interviews, Usability tests) to establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Effectively present the wireframes and designs to internal teams, seek their feedback and incorporate it in design revisions.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of human computer interaction, visual design, user interface design, usability engineering or a related field.
- Demonstrated understanding of user-centered design, software usability principles and design constraints on the Web. Ability to understand user needs and frame the solution with engaging UI. Familiar with Material Design system.
- Advanced proficiency with software tools such as Adobe CC (Photoshop, XD) or similar.
- Advanced research and data analysis skills.
- Solid work ethic with the ability to adapt to the situation, be flexible and nimble in terms of work planning, and the ability to think quickly on your feet.
- Strong ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external team members.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Applications must be accompanied by a portfolio of recent work (Please indicate your website’s URL).
- Bright, ambitious, self-driven, hard-working and flexible.
- Able to perform under pressure and deliver results in a demanding and fast-paced environment that requires fresh thinking and innovation.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- We offer a competitive base salary and benefits, directly dependent on the candidate’s qualifications and skills. The real excitement comes from working closely with a dynamic, smart, agile and highly motivated team in a competitive and fast paced environment.
- Upstream is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, creed, pregnancy, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital, or any other legally protected status. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees. Finally, the Company prohibits the harassment of any individual based on their protected status. This policy applies to all areas of personnel actions including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social and recreational programs.
- Indicate the source of the job position in your application: douleuw.gr.