IBI Group is recruiting a Transportation Engineer, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- IBI Group’s Intelligent Transportation Systems team understands that managing traffic logistics can be a real hassle. That’s why we are developing solutions for our clients to make our cities smarter and our lives better. Combining data and complex algorithms, with an intuitive user interface, our team’s goal is to keep cities moving around the world.
Our Athens office (based in Maroussi) is searching for a Web developer to join our expanding team of technology experts delivering innovative solutions to the transportation sector.
You will have strong programming skills in ASP.NET, WebForms, WCF and C# and be able to work across a host of web, service and mobile device integrations.
- IBI Group’s Athens office (based in Maroussi) is searching for a Transportation Engineer to join its growing Infrastructure Design Team. We take pride in offering career growth and challenging opportunities within a global organization solving today’s difficult urban issues.
The successful candidate will work on a wide range of projects with a supportive international team of industry-leading experts.
The Transportation Engineer undertakes complex assignments requiring a diverse knowledge of transportation engineering, design principles and practices. With a working knowledge of all engineering disciplines related to transportation projects, the successful candidate will use experience and judgment to solve problems for a wide range of public sector clients.
- Assist the Project Manager on a variety of projects including: road, highway and surface transit projects (BRT and LRT) preliminary and detailed design.
- Produce preliminary design engineering drawings, including plan/profile, site layouts, cross-sections, and preliminary material quantity take-offs.
- Prepare detailed construction drawings and details.
- Develop innovative and practical solutions within the bounds of good civil design.
- Integrate transportation planning and engineering to solve complex issues, working closely with traffic, utilities, natural, heritage, urban design and other disciplines to develop solutions.
- Assign and review work of subordinate staff, provide technical guidance and training.
- Provide advice on design processes and/or construction methods.
- Prepare technical reports, presentations, and other documentation, including cost estimates.
- Review drawings and perform quality control checks on drawings and reports.
- Follow quality assurance/quality control, and health and safety requirements.
- Travel to other IBI offices or project sites as required.
- University Degree in Civil Engineering with 5 to 10 years of experience in transportation design, including functional / preliminary design as well as detailed design of road and highway projects.
- Experience in surface transit projects (BRT and LRT) is an advantage.
- Strong capabilities in AutoCAD are required.
- Proficiency in InRoads and Civil 3D design software is an advantage.
- Strong working knowledge of relevant road and surface transit applicable international standards and best practices is an advantage.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills with experience developing solutions to complex transportation engineering assignments with minimal direction.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer.
- Proven technical writing and strong verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to be flexible and collaborate, while maintaining quality work within a fast paced environment.
- Experience with project management and/or construction management is an advantage.
- Experience in transportation planning, including the feasibility of new or enhanced BRT, LRT, road and highway facilities is an advantage.
- Experience in transit infrastructure and stations is an advantage.
- Additional Information.
- We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
- Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.