OPAP is recruiting a Translator/ Interpreter,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- OPAP is one of the most recognized Group of companies in Greece, listed on the Athens Exchange.
In order to best serve the Group's rapid development, business efficiency and customer service excellence, the Group welcomes talents and recruits outstanding professionals who will become part of the team that will make OPAP a globally competitive Greek Company, so as to contribute even more to the Greek economy and our Society.
At the same time, by investing in the training and development of all employees through constant training courses, the company safeguards the further developing and strengthening of talent so as to guarantee the achievement of the strategic objectives of the Company.
- The Translator/ Interpreter is an essential member of the Sponsorships & Public Relations Team, converting written or oral messages from the source language(s) into the target language(s). He/She will be responsible to ensure that the translated version conveys the meaning and context of the original, to proofread and edit original and translated texts, as well as to facilitate communication between parties where there is no common language.
- Reads through original material and translates it into the target language, paying attention to detail, with working languages: Greek, English and French.
- Attends conferences, media days and meetings so as to mediate discussions.
- Uses efficiently various modes of interpreting such as consecutive, simultaneous and whispered.
- Stays up-to-date by reading material and researching industry-specific and other (legal, technical etc.) terminology; uses specialist dictionaries, thesauruses and reference material.
- Compiles information into glossaries and terminology databases, to be used in translations and interpretation.
- Uses CAT tools (SDL Trados suite), to ensure consistency of translation, throughout the translated material, and efficiency.
- Performs OCR and text editing to render texts into translatable format.
- Proofreads and edits original and translated texts for formatting, pragmatics, semantics, grammar, spelling and punctuation accuracy.
- Works to a professional code of ethics, covering confidentiality and impartiality.
- Organizes workload and manages work schedules to meet deadlines, in cooperation with the Manager of the Team.
- Bachelor in Translation & Interpreting. Postgraduate Degree in Translation & Interpreting will be preferred.
- At least 7 years of professional experience as a translator/interpreter, preferably in a corporate environment.
- In-depth knowledge of the structure and content of the Greek language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English language (including a thorough knowledge of grammar and spelling).
- Familiarity with computer assisted translation & terminology tools especially Trados is essential.
- Proficient user of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent management of Internet and Social Media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Adequate fluency in at least one or more languages, preferably French, Spanish and/ or Italian.
- Any other language will be also considered an asset.
- Very good memory, good organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in handling confidential material.
- Sensitive and considerate to other cultures.
- Military obligations fullfilled (for male candidates).
- The company offers excellent career opportunities and a competitive compensation package, based on the qualifications of the candidates.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.