Telemetry System Engineer
Thenamaris Inc. is recruiting a Telemetry System Engineer, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Thenamaris (Ships Management) Inc. is a global ship manager of high specification modern ocean-going vessels and provides its services as agents only.
The fleet under management currently comprises 72 vessels: oil tankers carrying crude oil and oil products such as gasoline and diesel oil; bulk carriers which transport dry bulk cargoes such as grain, coal and iron ore; and containerships.
Thenamaris LNG Inc. manages three 160,000 cbm LNG carriers and one 38,000 cbm LPG carrier.
We operate, maintain, crew and trade our principals’ vessels worldwide, in a safe, efficient and profitable manner.
We ensure consistently high standards throughout our integrated ship management services, covering the commercial, technical, safety and quality, and crewing aspects of managing a diversified portfolio of vessels.
- Thenamaris invites high caliber professionals with the requested qualifications, to apply for the position of Telemetry System Engineer.
The Telemetry System Engineer will be responsible to support the data acquisition infrastructure of the telemetry system of the vessels. Namely, ensuring availability of signal interfaces for the data acquisition, remote troubleshooting of the system’s deficiencies, communicating with third party interconnected systems and collaborating with the Energy Performance department for data quality verification, will be key accountabilities of the role. Additional activities of the role will be the outline of the specifications for upcoming data acquisition installations, the ordering of the required equipment and the arrangements of service engineers when needed.
- Degree in Electrical / Automation/ Electronics Engineering or related discipline from a Technical University or Institution.
- Good knowledge of SCADA and industrial electronics systems including sensors and measurement devices, controllers, actuators, signal conditioning techniques, communication protocols (wired and wireless), interfaces and hardware subsystems.
- Experience with Monitoring & Data Acquisition Systems is a must.
- Familiarity with computer networks, internet of things, XML/SQL syntax and query logic, will be considered an asset; so will be previous experience in troubleshooting control and monitoring systems.
- Ability to organize and prioritize effectively; work in a diligent way with a strong customer service attitude are required attributes.
- Proficiency in English at an oral and written level.
- Understanding of both technical and commercial aspects of the shipping business.
- This is a temporary need and the duration of employment will be from 12 up to 24 months.
- If you are in search of a first class working environment in the global ship management industry and meet the above qualifications, we look forward to receiving your application.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.