Technical Support Engineer
Upstream is recruiting a Technical Support Engineer,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Upstream is a leading mobile technology company providing 1.2 billion people with affordable and secure access to digital services. Our Zero-D service provides free access to the internet essentials to 250 million users. Our security platform, Secure-D, in 2018 processed over 1.8 billion mobile transactions and blocked over 63,000 malicious apps in 16 countries. We work with over 60 mobile operators, across more than 45 high growth markets.
- Upstream is looking for an enthusiastic Technical Support Engineer to join our Technical Support team in Athens, Greece. As a Technical Support Engineer you will be part of a very competent team responsible for monitoring the entire Upstream infrastructure (hardware, software, applications, etc) that is utilized for the execution of the company’s revenue generating campaigns and ensuring that it is operating without any problems on a 24h/7 basis. You will be responsible for quickly detecting, resolving and/or escalating any issues that come up and affect the normal operation of the campaign. Finally, you will provide support to internal users, by executing operational tasks, producing reports and troubleshooting, as well as external users, by handling customer complaints and requests.
- Continuously monitor Upstream’s infrastructure (hardware, software, applications, etc) following standard procedures and utilizing all available tools.
- Identify and investigate possible errors or problems with swift and accurate response on any errors reported by our systems.
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of all incidents to the relevant second level support teams.
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all incidents.
- Prepare accurate and timely standard reports and ensure the quality of the outcome.
- Complete all operational tasks and ad-hoc requests in a timely manner, ensuring the quality of the results.
- Provide customer support by properly handling and resolving customer/end-user complaints and requests through phone or email.
- Review and provide feedback on documentation and procedures. Formulate new ideas to improve procedures.
- University degree in Engineering / Computer Science or similar discipline.
- Very good communication skills.
- Very good knowledge in oral and written English.
- Basic knowledge of Unix/Linux systems, utilities and scripting.
- Basic SQL knowledge.
- Experience in helpdesk support is a plus.
- Self-driven with ability to take ownership of issues and follow through to resolution.
- Reliable and dedicated with clear thinking and strong attention to detail.
- Good at troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Organized with a structured and methodical work style.
- We offer a competitive base salary and benefits, directly dependent on the candidate’s qualifications and skills. The real excitement comes from working closely with a dynamic, smart, agile and highly motivated team in a competitive and fast paced environment.
- Upstream is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, creed, pregnancy, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital, or any other legally protected status. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees. Finally, the Company prohibits the harassment of any individual based on their protected status. This policy applies to all areas of personnel actions including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social and recreational programs.
- Indicate the source of the job position in your application: douleuw.gr.