Technical Operations Center Agent
OPAP is recruiting a Technical Operations Center Agent, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- OPAP is one of the most recognized Group of companies in Greece, listed on the Athens Exchange.
In order to best serve the Group's rapid development, business efficiency and customer service excellence, the Group welcomes talents and recruits outstanding professionals who will become part of the team that will make OPAP a globally competitive Greek Company, so as to contribute even more to the Greek economy and our Society.
At the same time, by investing in the training and development of all employees through constant training courses, the company safeguards the further developing and strengthening of talent so as to guarantee the achievement of the strategic objectives of the Company.
- Technical Operations Center Agent is responsible for monitoring and operating OPAP Corporate and Gaming infrastructure, on Linux systems mainly, as well as for providing support to corporate users. He/she is an integral part of Technical Operations team, preventing or identifying and solving effectively any technical issues within the scope of the role.
- Monitors OPAP Group Systems and Network infrastructure and relative scheduled jobs.
- Identifies operational problems by observing and studying system functioning and performance results and escalates, when needed.
- Executes Technical Operations actions, agreed with Infrastructure Teams and, when applicable, Vendors.
- Performs application upgrades, maintains hardware serial audits and writes custom monitoring plugins.
- Develops operational solutions by defining, studying, estimating, and screening alternative solutions.
- Carries out VLT CIS maintenance activities including failover / takeover, aiming to activate disaster recovery site and reduce system downtime and in the case of business hours loss of revenue.
- Follows Incident Management processes and procedures.
- Manages major/critical technical incidents that occur and monitors them, until resolved by responsible team / vendor; assists in incident investigation, aiming to identify root cause faster and reduce incident duration. Updates key stakeholders accordingly through the process.
- Improves operational quality results by studying, evaluating, and recommending process’ re-design, implementing changes, and providing information and opinion to unit design and modification teams.
- Provides support to OPAP Corporate users, handling both IT incidents and service requests.
- Maintains technical documentation of processes and procedures throughout normal operations.
- Works on shifts 24/7/52.
- BSc/MSc degree in Information Technology.
- 2-5 years of proven system administration and user support experience within a corporate environment.
- Familiarity with Linux operating system including scripting, deployment automation and general system administration.
- Proven experience with networking and networking protocols, switching and internet routing technologies, and IT infrastructure monitoring tools.
- Experience with database administration will be co-evaluated.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures for end-user technical support.
- Excellent use of Greek and English languages (oral and written).
- Strong organizational, prioritization and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work efficiently both on own initiative and within a team.
- Adaptability with continuously changing requirements.
- Completed military obligations (for male candidates).
- The company offers excellent career opportunities and a competitive compensation package, based on the qualifications of the candidates.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.