Technical Operation Center Employee
OPAP is recruiting a Technical Operation Center Employee, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- OPAP is one of the most recognized Group of companies in Greece, listed on the Athens Exchange.
In order to best serve the Group's rapid development, business efficiency and customer service excellence, the Group welcomes talents and recruits outstanding professionals who will become part of the team that will make OPAP a globally competitive Greek Company, so as to contribute even more to the Greek economy and our Society.
At the same time, by investing in the training and development of all employees through constant training courses, the company safeguards the further developing and strengthening of talent so as to guarantee the achievement of the strategic objectives of the Company.
- The Technical Operation Center Employee functions as the single point of contact between OPAP Technology & Digital Team and internal business clients. He/ She provides technical guidance on all IT-related processes and acts as first line of corporate support in activities associated with incidents and service requests, involving desktop hardware and software troubleshooting, as well as telephone support of corporate and gaming/betting back office applications. The incumbent may also perform monitoring and basic operation tasks on OPAP IT Infrastructure.
- Provides support and resolves basic technical problems for all assigned areas.
- Identifies, prioritizes and escalates appropriately reported incidents and service requests.
- Communicates with OPAP Technology vendors regarding gaming and betting application issues and communication circuits.
- Updates the Corporate Ticketing System with detailed problem information and resolution steps taken; notifies technicians of any critical situation requiring immediate attention.
- May prepare Service Desk incident reports and assist in hardware and software evaluation.
- Monitors daily performance of computer systems and related services and reacts to service failures by determining the type of failure (hardware vs. software) and escalating to the appropriate Tier, when necessary, following the Incident Management Process.
- When required, assists other IT Operation groups during the implementation of changes, fixes, upgrades, and/or modifications necessary to meet online systems and availability standards.
- May engage in IT Operations or implementation of IT projects (related to IT Operations).
- Works on 8 hour shifts, Monday to Friday (8:00-19:00) and weekends (12:00–20:00).
- BSc in Information Technology field. MSc degree will be preferred.
- 1-2 years of working experience in a customer support field, preferably technical.
- Previous working experience in the provision of help desk support within a corporate environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures for end-user technical support.
- Familiarity with ticketing systems and/or monitoring tools is desirable.
- Ability to comprehend and retain technical information and to clearly translate technical issues in simple non-technical terms.
- Strong customer service culture.
- Effective communication at professional level with all levels within the organization or with external vendors.
- Excellent organizational skills and prioritization skills.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work efficiently both on own initiative and within a team.
- Fluency in Greek and English languages, oral and written.
- Completed military obligations (for male candidates).
- The company offers excellent career opportunities and a competitive compensation package, based on the qualifications of the candidate.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.