Technical Account Manager
Atypon is recruiting a Technical Account Manager,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Atypon helps online publishers deliver mission-critical content to practitioners and researchers in every field.
Here at Atypon, we are passionate about technology: not software for software’s sake, but tools that further the pursuit and distribution of knowledge. Atypon develops software that lets publishers manage, market, and monetize any type of content.
Today Atypon has over 200 clients, including some of the world’s largest publishers; several date back to our first years in business. Literatum is home to nearly 100,000 individual publications, 919 publication websites, 45% of the world’s peer-reviewed English-language research journals—and publications in over a dozen other languages. The platform logs more than 3 billion user sessions annually.
- Establish an excellent rapport with customer contacts to become a trusted resource in maximizing their investment with Atypon.
- Build a comprehensive technical knowledge of the customers’ platforms and use that knowledge to help them get the most out of our products.
- Understand the business requirements of our clients, including marketing efforts, technical requirements, and deadline scheduling.
- Accountable for the relationship with customers, manage customer expectations, and ensures that their needs are met in a timely manner.
- Fix client problems directly, when possible, and educate them on how to do so themselves going forward.
- Work with technical/ product teams and release managers to achieve the successful launch and operation of advanced content websites and to implement new features by working within established Atypon processes.
- Effectively communicate with engineering teams, and translate their feedback to our clients in an easy-to-understand method.
- Work tactfully and effectively with vendors and third party partners to facilitate smooth operation of customer websites.
- Regularly evaluate levels of customer satisfaction and proactively identify areas for improvement and address potential concerns.
- Deliver product training for new and existing customers and assist with training of new coworkers.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical subject or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and experience building and maintaining customer relationships.
- Experience working with and managing external partners and customers.
- Knowledge of and experience with measuring and improving customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Ability and willingness to work with teams in multiple time zones.
- Familiarity with common desktop applications and Google Tools (Google Sheets, Google Docs, etc).
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to juggle concurrent projects, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to deliver messages on the technical level and present technical materials to groups of any size and background.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming language, including but not limited to: Java, C/C++ or Python.
- Good to have exposure to Atlassian tool stack like JIRA/ Confluence.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with SQL/MySQL and Unix/Linux operating systems and commands.
- Familiarity with version control systems like GIT or SVN.
- Understanding of the publishing and information industries. Background in online journal or book production a plus.
- Travel as required to meet with specific partners/clients.
- Competitive salaries.
- Paid time off.
- Apple/Dell equipment.
- Flexibility to spend on books and equipment that make your life easier.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Company sponsored tech talks.
- Training and mentoring.
- Team bonding events.
- Much more...
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.