Team Leader – Psychologist
SolidarityNow is recruiting a Team Leader – Psychologist, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- SolidarityNow was established in 2013 with the support of Open Society Foundations (OSF), a grantmaking organization founded by George Soros. Our goal is to assist and support those most affected by the economic and humanitarian crises in Greece.
- The Team Leader of the ASC psychologists will lead the provision of timely and effective psychological support for all walk in or referred beneficiaries, while identifying vulnerabilities to link eligible cases with support and aid available. The Team Leader must be able to apply psychological care to both groups and individuals, while monitoring attendance and performance of the psychologists and coordinate the team.
Position within the Organization: Reports to ASC Coordinator – Welfare Services.
- Coordinate team of two psychologists.
- Prioritize cases according to needs and vulnerabilities.
- Provide comprehensive package of Psychological Aid Services to individuals.
- Provide counseling and treatment.
- Ensure referrals internally and externally.
- Identify vulnerabilities and facilitate their access to available aid.
- Provide case management for child protection and SGBV cases and liaise with competent authorities and professionals (i.e., doctors, public prosecutor) as required.
- Represent team in external and internal meetings and working groups.
- Perform other duties, related to the basic job description as requested by the supervisor.
Data base and case related info management:
- Registering cases to database and maintaining appropriate records.
- Complete brief and full psychological history intake.
Networking and collaboration:
- Cultivate and maintain an active collaboration link with other psycho – social services NGOs and Governmental Actors within the scope of the project.
- Ensure the provision of high-quality reports on activities, indicators and achievements within the established framework (narrative and statistics) to line manager.
- University Degree in Psychology.
- Psychologist Permission of Work.
- 3 years’ experience in Relevant Position (at least 6 months in project serving refugees and migrants population).
- Previous working experience with local or international NGOs, as well as Civil Society organizations or initiatives will be considered as a strong advantage.
- Familiar with Refugee and Migration Issues.
- Understanding and willingness to promote gender equality and understand different vulnerabilities, needs and capacities of men, women, boys and girls.
- Understanding of psychological needs and issues for survivors of Gender-based Violence.
- Understanding of protection principles and humanitarian framework.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in a multi-cultural setting.
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility.
- Computer literate & numerate.
- Well organized and efficient.
- Good interpersonal & communications skills.
- Native in Greek.
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken).
- Field working experience.
- Specific studies and or proven engagement in Human Rights Projects.
- Previous working experience with local and international NGOs and supervising psychological teams will be considered as a strong advantage.
- Knowledge of French language (both written and spoken).
- If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “SN_Team Leader–Psychologist_ASC” by Sunday, October 14, 2018.
- Full Time.
- SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Child Safeguarding Policy Level 2: The job holder will have sporadic contact with children.
- Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
- Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter