- Founded in 1993, Trafigura is one of the largest physical commodities trading groups in the world.
Trafigura sources, stores, transports and delivers a range of raw materials (including oil and refined products and metals and minerals) to clients around the world.
The trading business is supported by industrial and financial assets, including 49.6 percent owned global oil products storage and distribution company Puma Energy global terminals, warehousing and logistics operator Impala Terminals; Trafigura's Mining Group; 50 percent owned DT Group which specialises in logistics and trading; and Galena Asset Management.
The Company is owned by around 600 of its 4,100 employees who work in 61 offices in 36 countries around the world. Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, growing revenue from USD12 billion in 2003 to USD98.1 billion in 2016. The Group has been connecting its customers to the global economy for more than two decades, growing prosperity by advancing trade.
Trafigura is recruiting a Tanker Operator, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Trafigura is one of the world's leading independent commodity trading and logistics houses. Our business is advancing trade for a growing array of customers and counterparties around the world.The company directly employs over 5,300 people in 37 countries.
We source, store, blend and deliver essential raw materials and commodities. In 2015, we traded 146.3 million tonnes of oil and petroleum products and 52.1 million tonnes of metals and minerals products. We operate responsibly, adding real value for our clients, our stakeholders and our shareholders.
Founded in 1993, the company is owned by its founding shareholders and senior management.
It has achieved substantial growth in recent years, growing revenue from USD18 billion in 2004 to USD97.2 billion in 2015.
- Undertake voyage planning, bunkers, agency appointments, coordinate activities, relays Voyage Orders to vessels and monitor their effectiveness/compliance using all means available.
- Ensure vessel overall performance to maximize time charter equivalent (TCE).
- Provides and supervise updated questionnaires and certificate copies for clean acceptance of vessels on subjects to the Chartering team.
- Always study and be aware of the Charter Party terms in place up and down the chain with owners and sub-charterers.
- Relay and supervise voyage orders and LOI’s issuance to Shipowners. Monitor progress of the vessel during voyages.
- Being on top of assigned vessel’s vetting needs.
- Maximize and optimize vessel’s performance in way of accurate and well timed Bunkers. procurement in accordance with Company’s relevant Policy.
- Supervises and liaises with TC Claims for 3rd Party relets that all necessary documents for shipping claims to third parties are timely inquired and presented.
- Monitors and ensures that Post Fixing and Relet time Charters - Claims department is advised for any off-hire, extra owners’ costs related with each transaction voyage.
- Supervises and signs off the off-hire/dispute calculation.
- Ensures vessel’s overall performance, to achieve optimum US$/day.
- Serves notifications to the contracting parties up and down the line for breach of terms, reserves company’s rights, serves notifications to Insurance Dpt, Insurers, P&I, internal and
external lawyers, collates the pertinent documentation and correspondence for briefing/updating/post keeping the defending teams.
- Oversee preparation or review of income/expenses, i.e. hire invoices (including analysis and assessment of bunker/hire calculations and signs off for release. AWRP, Armed Guards invoices and any other shipowner invoice.
- English spoken & written.
- Computer software MS office preferred.
- Sea sailing experience preferred.
- Good stake holders management and team player.
- Desirable Experience: 3 - 5 Years.
- Chartering and Operations Team.
- All Intercompany Trading Teams/desks.
- Post fixing and Claims Departments.
- Owners, Vessel’s, & 3rd Party Charterers.
- Service Companies.
- Shipping agents.
- Vetting organisers.
- Full time.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.
- Only short listed applicants will be contacted.