Trafigura is recruiting a Tanker Operator, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Founded in 1993, Trafigura is one of the largest physical commodities trading groups in the world. Trafigura sources, stores, transports and delivers a range of raw materials (including oil and refined products and metals and minerals) to clients around the world. The trading business is supported by industrial and financial assets, including 49.6 percent owned global oil products storage and distribution company Puma Energy; global terminals, warehousing and logistics operator Impala Terminals; Trafigura's Mining Group; 50 percent owned DT Group which specialises in logistics and trading; and Galena Asset Management.
The Company is owned by around 600 of its 3,935 employees who work in 62 offices in 35 countries around the world. Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, growing revenue from USD12 billion in 2003 to USD136.4 billion in 2017. The Group has been connecting its customers to the global economy for more than two decades, growing prosperity by advancing trade.
- Undertake voyage planning, bunkers, agency appointments, coordinate activities, relays Voyage Orders to vessels and monitor their effectiveness/compliance using all means available.
- Ensure vessel overall performance to maximize time charter equivalent (TCE).
- Provides and supervise updated questionnaires and certificate copies for clean acceptance of vessels on subjects to the Chartering team.
- Always study and be aware of the Charter Party terms in place up and down the chain with owners and sub-charterers.
- Relay and supervise voyage orders and LOI’s issuance to Ship-owners. Monitor progress of the vessel during voyages.
- Coordinate with Operators and people assigned for appointing agents and with Disbursements Dept. to appoint Shipping Agents and any other contractors as the case might be.
- Supervise the Issuance of supplementary instructions to the ships in addition to sub-charterers’ instructions.
- Maximize and optimize well-timed Bunkers procurement/Speed and consumptions monitor/tank cleaning optimization during voyage in accordance with Company’s relevant Policy.
- Supervises, in coordination with Line Manager, the procurement of bunkers to cater for the fleet needs.
- Supervises and liaises with TC Claims for 3rd Party relets that all necessary documents for shipping claims to third parties are timely inquired and presented.
- Supervise the maintenance of good working practice with Sub-Charterers and Brokers and ensures they are kept advised with progress /status of vessels at load and discharge ports.
- Supervise any supplementary Vetting clearance requests during fixing negotiations ensuring that the timely provides for Vetting requirements as per Time charter party closely liaising with ship-owners.
- Monitors and ensures that Post Fixing and Relet time Charters - Claims department is advised for any off-hire, extra owners’ costs related with each transaction voyage.
- Supervises and signs off the off-hire/dispute calculation.
- Collect cargo/port/ship information to Chartering for evaluation and provide technical and team management support to Group Operations Manager and any other support as required.
- Serves notifications to the contracting parties up and down the line for breach of terms; reserves company’s rights; serves notifications to Insurance Dept., Insurers, P&I, internal and External Lawyers; Collates the pertinent documentation and correspondence for briefing/updating/post keeping the defending teams.
- Review of all invoices, including analysis and assessment of freight and demurrage calculations and compliance with charter party terms and conditions.
- Oversee preparation or review of hire statements, including analysis and assessment of bunker/hire calculations and signs off for release.
- Closely liaise with other fleet senior operator to maintain the list of last 3 cargoes and MTBE/FAME components updated for immediate use.
- Provides guidance to other operations staff.
- Follow strictly internal procedures and company's policies. Adhere to Trafigura's Code of Conduct.
- English spoken & written.
- Computer software MS office preferred.
- Sea sailing experience preferred.
- Good stake holders management and team player.
- Chartering and Operations Team.
- All Intercompany Trading Teams/desks.
- Post fixing and Claims Departments.
- Owners, Vessel’s, & 3rd Party Charterers.
- Service Companies.
- Shipping agents / Vetting organisers.
- Full time.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
Αυτή η θέση εργασίας δεν δέχεται πλέον αιτήσεις