Supply Chain Officer
Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is recruiting
a Supply Chain Officer, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization, founded in 1956, that works in 40 countries around the world.
DRC’s mandate is driven by three global strategic objectives within the DRC Assistance Framework: Saving lives and alleviation of immediate suffering among people affected by conflict, Safeguarding, restoration and development of livelihoods, and, Institutional and organisational change that contributes to protection of people’s rights and peaceful handling of conflict.
DRC has been operating in Greece since December 2015, providing support to the Greek Ministry of Migration Policy in ensuring dignified reception conditions for refugees and migrants arriving on Lesvos island. In March 2016, DRC expanded its operations in Athens area, Larissa and Thessaloniki in response to the changing context and the build-up of refugee population on mainland Greece.
DRC strives to be one of the leading displacement focused INGOs in Greece in terms of relevance, impact and quality, primarily through an integrated site management approach in support to the relevant Greek authorities, comprising protection activities and the provision of services and assistance to meet the basic needs of the population hosted on the emergency reception sites.
- The Supply Chain Officer / Procurement main responsibility is to support the Supply Chain Manager of the Athens Country Office in overall procurements for the programs in DRC Greece Athens Country Office.
- Manage the procurement of the materials, equipment and services ordered by the programs in a cost-effective and transparent manner, ensuring best value for money in line with DRC and donor specific policies.
- Ensure that all procurement is done according to DRC policies and guidelines, and Donors’ relevant requirements, and that the paper-trail and DRC Dynamics (DRC’s erp) data is always intact. This includes preparation of tender documents, establishing relevant tender committees, upkeep of a suppliers list and a procurement tracker, evaluation report drafting, preparation of the contracts, etc.
- Run the procurement process and maintain all Procurement related data within DRC Dynamics (DRC’s Global ERP system).
- Undertake procurement activities covering the pre-award, award (evaluation of bids), and the post award phases, such as: prepare tender dossier, review and verify technical
specifications (services, supplies or works) and launch tender procedure; conduct relevant market researches for procurement bid lists; participate in Tender Opening Committee, manage
the award and assume the responsibilities for contract management and contract administration. Prepare contracts and purchase orders. Liaise with other DRC offices within Greece whenever needed.
- Run the procurement process and maintain all Procurement related data within DRC Dynamics (DRC’s Global ERP system)
- Assist in finalizing procurement plans and procurement requests for current programs.
- Communication with relevant departments on procurement status.
- Work closely with Supply Chain / Logistics (Warehouse, Assets, Fleet) department to inform of upcoming deliveries etc.
- Work closely with Finance department for payment follow up and budget owners updating them for the spending of Framework Agreements.
- Follow up with suppliers and contractors to ensure timely and effective supply and delivery of goods, services and works.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly reports by: updating procurement tracking sheet and update the project on procurement status report.
- Provide training and guidance to any new Supply Chain / Procurement employee on Procurement procedures and guidelines (preparation of presentations, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned by the Supply Chain Manager related to Procurement, Warehouse, Fleet, Assets Management.
- Keep an accurate physical and electronical archive for all procurement and other relevant files.
- Relevant university degree. At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience in Procurement.
- Good computer skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, …); experience in ERP systems (Microsoft 365) is highly desired.
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills.
- Management skills, including strong teambuilding skills.
- Able to communicate both verbally and written in English and Greek.
- NGO experience preferred especially in the Procurement area.
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
- Can work independently, i.e. with minimal supervision and able to work well under pressure.
- Driving license holder.
- Must be able to maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.
- The contract will be under the Greek Labor Law, and all allowances will be provided to the employees (Christmas, Easter, Vacation bonus).
- DRC provides Private Insurance for all National staff.
- DRC provides training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of its services as well as its staff members’ professional and personal development.
- The position will be based in Athens (Greece) and national terms and conditions apply.
- The employee shall follow DRC instructions on safety, confidentiality and ethical guidelines, including the Code of Conduct and the Humanitarian Accountability Framework.
- Employee should not engage in any other paid activity during the DRC contract period without prior authorization.
- Employee should not engage in any activity that could harm DRC or the implementation of any project during the DRC contract period.
- Employee should not give interviews to the media or publish project-related photos or other material without prior authorization.
- Employee shall return all borrowed equipment for the project to DRC after the end of the contract period or upon request.
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than three pages). Both must be in English.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Send your Documentation online at drc.ngo.
Αυτή η θέση εργασίας δεν δέχεται πλέον αιτήσεις