Supply Chain Assistant
Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is recruiting a Supply
Chain Assistant, to be based in Larissa, Greece.
- The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 8,000 employees and also 8,000 volunteers, while managing a turnover of over 400 million Euro. Based in Copenhagen (Denmark) and present in forty countries, the Danish Refugee Council is a non-profit-making, politically independent, nongovernmental and non-denominational relief organization. The Danish Refugee Council is Denmark’s largest humanitarian NGO and has been ranked the 3rd best NGO in the world in 2018 (for the six consecutive years, the organization is among the top five of the NGO Advisor Annual List).
Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in Greece since November 2015, providing support to the Greek Ministry of Migration Policy in ensuring dignified reception conditions for refugees and migrants arriving on Lesvos island. In March 2016, DRC expanded its operations in Athens, in response to the changing context and the build-up of refugee population on mainland Greece.
- DRC Greece is looking to recruit a qualified, flexible and enthusiastic professional to work for its Supply Chain Department in Larissa, Greece, as a Supply Chain Assistant (Warehouse). Under the supervision of the SC Team Leader, the Supply Chain Assistant (Warehouse), will process and support in overall Warehouse issues in DRC Greece Larissa Office.
- Become fully knowledgeable of DRC Warehouse & Inventory Operational Handbook, SOPs & Templates.
- Assist in managing DRC assigned Warehouses at Koutsochero site, Larissa Sub Office and possible other districts in Larissa.
- Ensure a proper state of cleanliness and order in the warehouse(s).
- Ensure proper storage and maintenance of all office equipment in the field offices and Warehouse(s).
- Ensure daily tracking (inbounds/outbounds) of Warehouse flows making use of DRC relevant documents (Waybills, Release Orders, Goods Receive Notes, Stock cards, etc); all documents bear proper approvals/signatures from responsible departments as per DRC guidelines.
- Perform close inspection of Project items/materials delivered to the Warehouse, to ensure that they are the right quantity and quality.
- Follow up stock defects, irregularities and report them immediately using DRC relevant documentation; take necessary actions as per DRC guidelines and in coordination with Supply Chain Team Leader.
- Ensuring that Programme staff provides details of when and where project items are needed and ensuring that they are delivered to the correct location safely and within agreed time frame.
- Prepare all relevant DRC Warehouse reporting at designated time intervals as communicated by Country Office and/or Supply Team leader.
- Assist in physical verification of stored items in the Warehouse(s).
- Ensure proper filling (hard copies and digital filling in Share Point) of all Warehouse related documentation.
- Work close with rest Supply Chain team (Procurement, Warehouse, Assets, Fleet) at local level and at Country Office level in relation to assigned tasks.
- Assist in the Assets & General Purpose Equipment (GPE) maintenance, in collaboration with Supply Chain Officer-Assets responsible (e.g. physical verification, condition, tagging, etc).
- Collaborate with all DRC staff at all levels to ensure proper support within area of concern.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by Supply Chain Team Leader.
- At least 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
- Good computer skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel); experience in ERP systems (Microsoft 365) is highly desired.
- Able to work under high pressure and workload.
- Well-developed organizational, interpersonal and communication skills; initiative, sound judgment and dedication.
- Able to communicate both verbally and written in English and Greek.
- Punctuality and respect for rules, procedures and lead times.
- Must be able to maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.
- Relevant University degree in Business Administration, or Logistics.
- NGO experience preferred especially in the Logistics area.
- Driving license holder.
- Striving for excellence.
- Taking the lead.
- Demonstrating Integrity.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Proactivity, with a sound commitment to teamwork and with a spirit of genuine collaboration.
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to humanitarian principle and high sense of ethics.
- Excellent communication skills, as well as patience and politeness, are needed.
- Ability to cope with high workload and stress and identify priority activities and assignments, and adjust priorities as required.
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills are must, and a good sense of humor.
- The contract will be under the Greek Labor Law, and all allowances will be provided to the employees (Christmas, Easter, Vacation bonus).
- DRC provides training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of its services as well as its staff members’ professional and personal development.
- The position will be based in Larissa (Central Greece) and national terms and conditions apply
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
- Due to the urgency of the position DRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
- DRC provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. DRC encourages all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process. However, applicants must be aware that DRC cannot systemically sponsor non-EU citizen or non-Greek resident for all the steps of legal process to get a work permit and/or a residency permit in Greece.