Supply Chain Assistant
Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is recruiting a Supply
Chain Assistant, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 8,000 employees and also 8,000 volunteers, while managing a turnover of over 400 million Euro. Based in Copenhagen (Denmark) and present in forty countries, the Danish Refugee Council is a non-profit-making, politically independent, nongovernmental and non-denominational relief organization. The Danish Refugee Council is Denmark’s largest humanitarian NGO and has been ranked the 3rd best NGO in the world in 2018 (for the six consecutive years, the organization is among the top five of the NGO Advisor Annual List).
Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in Greece since November 2015, providing support to the Greek Ministry of Migration Policy in ensuring dignified reception conditions for refugees and migrants arriving on Lesvos island. In March 2016, DRC expanded its operations in Athens, in response to the changing context and the build-up of refugee population on mainland Greece.
- DRC Greece is looking to recruit a qualified, flexible and enthusiastic professional to work for its Supply Chain Office in Athens, Greece, as a Supply Chain Assistant. Under the supervision of the Supply Chain Officer & SC Manager, the Supply Chain Assistant, will provide support in overall Supply Chain activities at Country Office level.
- Assist in the proper documentation and processes (SOPs) of Warehouse and Inventory Management implementation.
- Assist in tracking/maintaining daily Warehouse stock report for Attica region.
- Assist in arranging the deliveries in Attica region or across DRC offices in Greece.
- Assist in arranging all inbounds to the 3PL Warehouse of DRC.
- Assist in preparing all the relevant to the inbounds/outbounds documents (Waybill, Release Order, Goods Receive Note, Stock cards).
- Assist in physical verification of stored items in the 3PL Warehouse.
- Assist in the maintenance of accurate archive hard copies & soft copies (digital filing in Share Point and in DRC Dynamics- erp solution of DRC).
- Assist in the Travel arrangements (domestic or international flight tickets, train tickets and accommodation) following proper documentation and processes (SOPs) implementation for DRC Attica & CO staff.
- Prepare payments related to Travel bookings of DRC.
- Assist in the proper documentation and processes (SOPs) of Fleet Management implementation.
- Assist in the daily Fleet issues liaising with Fleet vendor, offices across Greece and Attica/CO staff.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly payments of Fleet vendors (car rentals, fuel cards, parking/washing).
- Assist in the preparation of Attica & CO Monthly Drivers’ schedule.
- Assist in physical verification of DRC Assets & GPE in Attica.
- Assist in the tagging of DRC Assets items in Attica.
- Assist in the monitor of DRC Assets stock and handle the provision of them to DRC staff according to their needs.
- Assist in the preparation of DRC Assets ID cards.
- Assist in the handling of DRC Asset & GPE repairs as per organization’s process.
- Assist in the procurement hard/soft copies filing (digital filing in Share Point).
- Assist in the market search for vendors (goods, services) to enlarge Procurement vendor data base.
- Work close with rest Supply Chain team (Procurement, Fleet, Assets, Warehouse & Inventory) in relation to assigned tasks.
- Relevant University degree in Business Administration, or Supply Chain/Logistics. At least 2-3 years of relevant work experience; NGO experience preferred especially in the Supply Chain area.
- Good computer skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel); experience in ERP systems (Microsoft 365) is highly desired.
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills verbally and written in English and Greek.
- Punctuality and respect for rules, procedures and lead times; attention to detail.
- Can work independently, i.e. with minimum supervisions and able to work well under pressure.
- Must be able to maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.
- Striving for excellence.
- Taking the lead.
- Demonstrating Integrity.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Proactivity, with a sound commitment to teamwork and with a spirit of genuine collaboration.
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to humanitarian principle and high sense of ethics.
- Excellent communication skills, as well as patience and politeness, are needed.
- Ability to cope with high workload and stress and identify priority activities and assignments, and adjust priorities as required.
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills is a must, and a good sense of humor.
- The contract will be under the Greek Labor Law, and all allowances will be provided to the employees (Christmas, Easter, Vacation bonus).
- DRC provides training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of its services as well as its staff members’ professional and personal development.
- The position will be based in Athens and national terms and conditions apply.
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
- Due to the urgency of the position DRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
- DRC provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. DRC encourages all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process. However, applicants must be aware that DRC cannot systemically sponsor non-EU citizen or non-Greek resident for all the steps of legal process to get a work permit and/or a residency permit in Greece.