Submarine Cables System Design Engineer
Όμιλος Cablel Ελληνικά Καλώδια
Cablel S.A. is recruiting a Submarine Cables System
Design Engineer, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- The Cablel® Hellenic Cables Group represents the cable production and marketing sector of Viohalco SA. The Company started its activities in 1950 as a Viohalco plant and in 1973 was incorporated as an independent subsidiary under the name Hellenic Cables, expanding its production and trade operations. Today, the Cablel® Hellenic Cables Group consists of Hellenic Cables S.A. which operates three plants in Viotia, Greece that produce cables, enamelled wires and plastic and elastomer compounds; the Fulgor S.A. plant in Corinth, Greece, which manufactures power cables, power and fibre optic submarine cables and copper wires; Icme Ecab S.A., a power and telecommunication cable manufacturer in Bucharest, Romania and Lesco Ltd Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria which manufactures wooden reels and pallets.
With a strong export orientation and focus on development of value added products, such as high and extra-high voltage cables and submarine cables, the Group implements significant investments towards enriching its product portfolio and enhancing its sustainability profile. Τhe Company implemented a EUR 60 million approximately investment plan for the manufacture of high-voltage submarine cables in Fulgor's plant.
- FULGOR S.A. is seeking a Submarine Cables System Design Engineer to join our dynamic, and rapidly growing team. As a design engineer in submarine cables systems, you will be able to research, develop and design specialized solutions to assist our clients globally with the enhancement of their products. This area of expertise is one of our main pillars for the constant improvement of our products and services in order to add value for our partners.
- Interpret customer specifications into design concepts.
- Perform system studies based on customer requirements & mechanical calculations for submarine cables.
- Execute thermal rating calculations based on relevant standards.
- Participate in technical meetings with customers.
- Ensure that the customer's requirements are correctly perceived and properly reflected on the designs.
- Follow up the design work, plan and follow closely the engineering prototype preparation in alignment with Development Brief Requirements.
- Ensure that the feedback from prototypes is appropriately analyzed and incorporated in the technical files.
- Take on other engineering duties as required and assigned.
- Master degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Specialization in Energy Systems will be considered an asset.
- Minimum 2 years relevant working experience in industry (preferably offshore/ modular).
- Experience using CAD applications e.g. AutoCAD or SolidWorks will be considered an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Candidate must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Requires the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Experience in manufacturing is desirable but not essential.
- Candidate must have excellent attention to detail and Technical Writing skills.
- Strong ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams and interface well with peers and management in a corporate setting.
- Decision-making, problem resolution and resourceful thinking skills.
- Highly energetic, motivated and self-starter.
- Willing to work in an environment that allows initiative and requires flexibility.
- A unique opportunity to thrive in one of the pioneering companies in cable manufacturing.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Life & Health Insurance Plan.
- Additional Bonus, based on results.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.