Staff Software Engineer, Backend
Blueground is recruiting a Staff Software Engineer, Backend,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Blueground was founded in April 2013 in Athens, Greece, as a result of our CEO and co-founder's experience as a business consultant and traveler. Currently active in nine markets across the globe - including six cities in the US - Blueground seeks to solve a lot of the hassles Alex experienced first-hand, as both a frequent business traveler and expat. Chief among them: how we can give people a place that feels like home and help them start living from day one.
- We are looking for a talented Staff Software Engineer to join our Engineering team in Athens, office based or remote, to lead the backend services chapter across products and help us tackle the significant engineering challenges we're taking on this year such as: transition our backend systems into finer grained microservices on k8s, increase our systems telemetry, give more control to operations via highly dynamic configuration.
We are a tech enabled company currently making substantial investments in our technology to enable our next stage of high growth. As a Staff Software Engineer at Blueground you will be responsible for improving developer productivity, be a role model on coding standards, an advocate of solid programming paradigms and remember to always put user experience first.
- Be a technical leader within the backend chapter and across Blueground.
- Coordinate technical projects across teams.
- Facilitate collaboration with engineers across product teams - no silos philosophy.
- Work on the architecture and design of our backend services.
- Work on developer tooling and automation.
- Work on systems and business telemetry.
- Participate in SCRUM ceremonies.
- Be religious with Git.
- Hack during our hackathons (1-2 every quarter).
- Experiment, learn and have fun.
What to expect
- To work in agile, cross functional, DevOps enabled teams.
- To work closely with DevOps and SDET teams.
- To get your head around a quite big problem domain.
- To work on functional and non functional testing.
- To solve hard problems.
- To enjoy some quality engineering.
- A rapidly growing company.
- Cool colleagues :).
- 7y+ industry experience in software development.
- Strong CS background.
- Strong skills in domain-driven design.
- Experience in technical leading.
- Experience designing and building backend services in Java.
- Experience implementing services in public cloud and containers.
- Experience designing REST and binary APIs.
- A testing mindset and an eye for clean code.
- Really comfortable with Linux.
- Really comfortable with Git.
- Excellent communication in English.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related subject.
- Bonus: for being a polyglot programmer.
- Access to training budget and resources (safaribooksonline, frontendmasters, raywenderlich et al).
- Workstation of your choice.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible paid time off.
- Enhanced parental leave.
- Dynamic working environment with talented people.
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!
- At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
- Indicate the source of the job position in your application: douleuw.gr.