Sports Betting Trader
OPAP is recruiting a Sports Betting Trader, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- OPAP is one of the most recognized Group of companies in Greece, listed on the Athens Exchange.
In order to best serve the Group's rapid development, business efficiency and customer service excellence, the Group welcomes talents and recruits outstanding professionals who will become part of the team that will make OPAP a globally competitive Greek Company, so as to contribute even more to the Greek economy and our Society.
At the same time, by investing in the training and development of all employees through constant training courses, the company safeguards the further developing and strengthening of talent so as to guarantee the achievement of the strategic objectives of the Company.
- Sports Betting Trader will join OPAP’s Trading Team, having as main responsibility to analyze data and compile odds for specific leagues from a wide range of professional sports. The holder of the role should keep up to date with market changes, working both prior to and during sports events.
- Conducts research and monitors sports market activity, events and trends on a daily basis.
- Monitors live matches in real-time and uses real-time data services to compile odds, gather and analyze statistics for a range of sports markets.
- Compiles odds, gathers and analyzes statistics after events for a range of Sports Markets.
- Evaluates risks and acts according to liability constraints and current market prices.
- Communicates and collaborates with various internal teams.
- Maintains and updates the security/anti-fraud incident reports.
- Flexibility in working schedule including weekends and overnight hours.
- BSc in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or relevant fields. MSc degree will be considered an asset.
- Previous experience in a trading environment is desirable.
- Passion for Sports and Betting, ability to apply knowledge gained in sports industry to practical trading solutions and prices.
- Solid knowledge of sports betting rules and patterns.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and high attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively both independently as well as part of a multi-functional team.
- Proficient use of MS Office with advanced MS Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills both in Greek and English languages.
- Fulfilled military services (for male candidates).
- The company offers excellent career opportunities and a competitive compensation package, based on the qualifications of the candidates.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.