Sports Betting Business Analyst
OPAP is recruiting a Sports Betting Business Analyst, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- OPAP is one of the most recognized Group of companies in Greece, listed on the Athens Exchange.
In order to best serve the Group's rapid development, business efficiency and customer service excellence, the Group welcomes talents and recruits outstanding professionals who will become part of the team that will make OPAP a globally competitive Greek Company, so as to contribute even more to the Greek economy and our Society.
At the same time, by investing in the training and development of all employees through constant training courses, the company safeguards the further developing and strengthening of talent so as to guarantee the achievement of the strategic objectives of the Company.
- The Sports Betting Business Analyst performs standard and ad hoc analyses and builds statistical and machine learning models to continuously monitor and optimize systems’ performance and support data-driven decision making.
- Creates and maintains reports and dashboards for business stakeholders to continuously monitor performance in real time.
- Develops and maintains data preparation, quality, validation and aggregation, scalable and re-usable routines.
- Implements, maintains and updates simulation tools that model the relationship between different parameters and facilitate business decision making.
- Develops predictive and machine learning models to answer product-related questions and support operational decisions.
- Supports in building and maintaining the data analysis and reporting infrastructure, ensuring data integrity.
- BSc in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Operational Research, Computer Engineering or any other related field with strong quantitative and/or programming focus. MSc degree will be preferred.
- 0-3 years of working or related research experience (evidenced by PhD and/or relevant publications, awards, or completed project credentials) with preferably some exposure to the sports betting industry.
- Good understanding of Data modeling, Data management, integration and manipulation of large disparate datasets (structured, semi-structured or unstructured).
- Knowledge/Some experience in statistical model building, testing and validation, optimization and other quantitative techniques.
- Experience with databases and statistical packages for data manipulation (SAS, SPSS, SQL) and advanced analytics software such as R, Python, etc.
- Familiarity with advanced data visualization tools (Tableau, Spotfire, Qlikview, etc.).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Team spirit and proven ability to effectively collaborate with a diverse group of people.
- Advanced use of MS Office.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) both in English and Greek languages.
- Fullfilled military obligations (for male candidates).
- The company offers excellent career opportunities and a competitive compensation package, based on the qualifications of the candidates.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.