Accenture is recruiting a Spark Specialist, to be based
in Athens, Greece.
- Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.
If you join Accenture, you can make great ideas happen for some of the world's most dynamic companies. With broad global resources and deep technical know-how, we collaborate with clients to cultivate ideas and deliver results. Choose a career at Accenture and enjoy an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
Accenture Technology provides outstanding opportunities to develop highly specialized skills that will help you advance your career.
- The Apache Spark Specialist will be part of Accenture Applied Intelligence as an engineer who will be working on one of the most used frameworks for large scale and distributed data processing. He/she will be developing codes and solutions that can scale horizontally with the ability to process huge amounts of data. He/she will be part of Accenture’s Advanced Analytics Innovation Center located in Athens, Greece and will be working on exciting projects form clients across the globe.
Spark Specialists in Accenture Applied Intelligence are responsible for developing Spark related processes and have the knowledge to fully exploit the potential of a Spark cluster both for data processing and machine learning. They are expected to clean, transform, and analyze vast amounts of raw data from various systems using Spark to provide ready-to-use data to our feature developers and business analysts.
- B.Sc. from Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Physics or Mathematics.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. from Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Physics or Mathematics.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills in English.
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience with the Spark ecosystem (Spark, Spark streaming, SparkSQL, MLib, GraphX) using Scala or Python.
- Experience with HDFS, S3, Cassandra or Databricks is a plus.
- Competitive benefits, including a fair and balanced parental leave policy.
- At Accenture, we believe in bringing the best to our clients through continuous learning & improvement – from basic skills to industry-specific content – available to all our people.
- Career coaching and mentorship to help you manage your career and develop professionally.
- Performance Achievement – our performance management process that focuses on your strengths, progress and career possibilities.
- Fantastic opportunities to develop your career across a variety ofclients.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.
- To learn more about Accenture, and how you will be challenged and inspired from Day 1, please visit our website accenture.com/gr-en/.
- Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.