Project Manager – Child Protection
SolidarityNow is recruiting a Project Manager – Child Protection,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- SolidarityNow was established in 2013 with the support of Open Society Foundations (OSF), a grantmaking organization founded by George Soros. Our goal is to assist and support those most affected by the economic and humanitarian crises in Greece.
The Blue Dots Project: SolidarityNow, in collaboration with UNICEF, is implementing the ‘Comprehensive service provision for the integration and well-being of refugee children and families’ programme, creating Child & Family Care Hubs for children, women and other vulnerable people living in refugee camps. Every Child & Family Care Unit is a safe place for refugee children and their families, while the range of services offered at each one includes legal counselling, psychosocial support, info provision, case management, non-formal education services and more, towards a holistic approach. The project is being implemented in South and North Greece’s mainland.
- The post holder will be responsible for all aspects of project management and the technical supervision of the Protection teams deployed in Southern Greece, in cooperation with the Programming Unit. (S)he will provide broad administrative, programmatic and financial support to the project, including direct assistance to the implementation and close monitoring and evaluation of the undertaken initiatives. Under the guidance of the Project Coordinator, the successful candidate will be able to multitask, perform vigorous follow-up and get directly involved in the implementation of different activities related to the people on the move.
- Planning and supervising the implementation of the project activities in close cooperation with key project staff, SolidarityNow’s other departments and partners, in compliance with all contractual obligations towards the donor and in accordance with the SolidarityNow SOPs.
- Monitoring the activities and the results achieved against the project indicators.
- Elaborating and following implementation plans and timetables.
- Guiding and overseeing the coordination and administration of all aspects of the programme.
- Implementing administrative tasks and duties in compliance with SN Policies and Procedures.
- Directly participating in the organization and execution of the project’s logistics.
- Producing progress, activity and other reports, as requested, and ensuring that all project reporting (internal and external) is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Planning the project expenditure and ensuring compliance of expenditure of budgets with donor requirements.
- Maintaining liaison and collaboration relationships with donors, authorities and stakeholders.
- Ensuring protection of refugees, asylum seekers and other vulnerable populations of concern, in accordance with international humanitarian standards and legally binding obligations, by directly guiding case management tasks of the field teams.
- Planning and supervising the development, implementation and monitoring of standard operating procedures, in relation to protection mechanisms and activities.
- Providing advice and guidance on protection related issues and ensuring proper documentation and follow up.
- Overviewing case planning and implementation, reviewing information and protection plans developed by field staff.
- Conducting field visits/work and participating in field activities as required.
- Contributing to the development of management, logistics, administrative and monitoring tools and techniques for staff.
- Performing any other task related to the implementation of the project as requested.
- University degree (preferably Master’s) from an accredited academic institution in Humanities, Social Science, Law, Political Sciences, International Relations or related.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in Project Management, preferably in the humanitarian and/or development sector.
- Previous hands-on experience on child protection within the Greek context and the refugee crisis is indispensable.
- Experience with institutional donors’ regulations and requirements.
- Knowledge of PCM and financial management.
- Experience in working with IOs, NGOs as well as with governmental and local authorities.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Greek; a third language (spoken by the project beneficiaries) would be considered an asset.
- Good knowledge and competence of IT applications and software.
- Ability to work under a distance-management scheme.
- Ability to work with and coordinate activities of more than 80 field staff, ensuring a uniform implementation of the project across different sites.
- Ability to work on own initiative and at the same time as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to organize and prioritise workload, using initiative when appropriate.
- Understanding of the people on the move emergency and the socio-economic hardship aspects, demonstrating high cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to work under pressure with a great level of personal organization.
- Location: Athens
- Child Safeguarding Policy Level 2: The job holder will have sporadic contact with children.
- If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning in the email subject “Project Manager – Child Protection”.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter