Software Support Engineer
Epignosis is recruiting a Software Support Engineer,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Epignosis is a leading technology vendor specializing in eLearning solutions. Trusted by thousands of organizations worldwide, Epignosis builds training software to help companies of all sizes deliver online training easier and at a reasonable price.
We are a growing, profitable tech firm with offices in San Francisco, London, Athens, Lefkosia and Heraklion. Our product portfolio includes TalentLMS, a popular cloud based LMS for companies of all sizes, eFront, a cutting-edge enterprise grade LMS, and TalentCards, a mobile microlearning solution. We strive to balance usability, simplicity and fit-to-purpose solutions, paired with robustness and strong potential. We firmly believe that great companies are built on empathy, integrity, diversity & simplicity.
- Taking ownership. You'll be trusted to take ownership of incoming support tickets and follow them all the way to completion. You should ensure that all customer support incidents are appropriately opened, registered and closed.
- Investigating. Like a digital-era Sherlock Holmes, you'll use your wits and judgement to research, diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve customer issues. You should ultimately get familiar with Epignosis' services, their inner workings, and their failure modes (or lack thereof).
- Communicating. You'll be responsible for communicating with customers, understanding their issues, and providing them with prompt and comprehensive feedback at all steps of the support process. You should make customers feel like they are well taken care of.
- Collaborating. When customer issues cannot be solved by the support team alone, you'll be responsible for escalating them to the engineering team for second-level investigation and final resolution. To help them move faster, you should accompany each ticket with a technically detailed description of each issue.
- Documenting. You should prepare accurate and timely reports covering your support activity, and document the knowledge acquired from handling support incidents in the form of tech notes and articles.
- Street cred. You have a background in Information Technology, Computer Science or any equivalent field, and working experience in technical support. Bonus points if you’re also the proud owner of a technical degree.
- Smooth talking. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and are proficient in English. Customers should feel like you are best pals after a five-minute conversation. You have a way of taking complex technical issues and explaining them so that a five-year-old can understand them.
- Detective skills. You have strong problem-solving skills, and are the kind of person that forgets to eat and sleep until they have solved a problem. You should have lots of experience dealing with (and being frustrated by) desktop, mobile, and online software.
- Competitive compensation packages.
- Private health insurance plan.
- Ticket restaurant benefits.
- Gorgeous office space.
- A vibrant working environment full of creative individuals.
- ..and balance -- i.e., We go big AND we go home.
- Indicate the source of the job position in your application: douleuw.gr.