Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Signal Maritime is recruiting a Software Quality Assurance Engineer, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Signal Maritime is a commercial ship management company with a twist. A spin-off from Thenamaris Ships Management, a company that has been setting industry standards for approximately 40 years, we aim to bring together shipping best practice with internet-age advanced analytics and management methods.
The company’s focus is placed on producing sustainable, responsive, high-performance commercial management for a growing, modern fleet.
The leadership team comprises the former joint CEO of Thenamaris, the former chartering manager, three other senior ex-Thenamaris executives and an experienced banker, boasting a total collective experience of more than fifty years in ship management at the highest level. The differentiating start-up mix is completed by strategists, energy market analysts, data scientists and developers.
- Signal Ocean brings shipping into the 21st century with a platform that enhances commercial performance for the entire shipping supply chain, and currently is looking for a junior-mid level Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join its team in Athens.
In this role you will develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
You will have the opportunity to work with our technical leadership, Product Managers, Scrum Masters, Front- and Back-end Engineers, and Data Scientists to understand the full stack of our financial technology products, from a user’s perspective, as well as the state-of-the-art technologies.
- Understand and vet pre-existing test coverage, infrastructure and approach.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Develop and manually execute test plans and test cases at various levels (unit, integration, product) for new and existing products.
- Design, develop and execute test automation scripts.
- Identify, record, document and track bugs; read and understand application code, investigate bugs, determine root causes, and suggest possible bug fixes.
- Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of development.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Work with consultants and/or outsourced teams to accelerate progress in the above.
- Strict adherence to Confidentiality, Intellectual Property and Non-Compete clauses is expected.
- Masters or Bachelors university degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of proven work experience in software quality assurance.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
- Basic understanding of CI/CD pipelines and cloud infrastructure, will be a plus.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (company’s working language).
- Competitive salary and up to 10% or 15% bonus (depending on seniority).
- Opportunity to work in a young, driven team with an exciting, global vision in the highly entrepreneurial domain of Shipping.
- Fun and well equipped work environment.
- The interview process includes a short quiz to help us better appreciate your knowledge and the way you think.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.