Software QA Analyst
Atypon is recruiting a Software QA Analyst, to be based
in Athens, Greece.
- Atypon helps online publishers deliver mission-critical content to practitioners and researchers in every field.
Here at Atypon, we are passionate about technology: not software for software’s sake, but tools that further the pursuit and distribution of knowledge. Atypon develops software that lets publishers manage, market, and monetize any type of content.
Today Atypon has over 200 clients, including some of the world’s largest publishers; several date back to our first years in business. Literatum is home to nearly 100,000 individual publications, 919 publication websites, 45% of the world’s peer-reviewed English-language research journals—and publications in over a dozen other languages. The platform logs more than 3 billion user sessions annually.
- Helping finalize requirements.
- Writing behavior driven acceptance scenarios.
- Work closely with software engineers to make sure they can deliver on the test scenarios.
- Working with QA and engineers for the manual and automated tests.
- Be able to contribute test automation and doing what is needed to first and foremost assure quality on a release.
- Making sure internal and external documentation is complete.
- Supporting quality during live feature rollouts.
- Work closely with Product Managers to contribute and refine specifications so they are in a clear and structured format, understandable by all stakeholders (engineering, solution architect, quality assurance).
- Write clear and concise behavior driven test scenarios and validating them with product managers and engineers.
- Cooperate with solution architects, designers, testers and engineers to fully understand the impact of new features and make sure they are delivered in full and with long lasting quality.
- Analyze system requirements, mapping and documenting interfaces between legacy and new systems if needed.
- Drive the test automation efforts and continuous integration by ensure engineering, testers and test automation team members understand who will be implementing automated tests and what tests must be run manually.
- Help in reviewing and maintaining test plans, test environments, test cases, manual test scripts (If needed), and track defects.
- Engage in risk assessment and release planning with the designated release managers, until the features are released to our customers.
- Be involved in the planning, integration, casing, scripting, and monitoring the execution of all testing required for the software engineers and QAs.
- Adapt to company-specific testing process. Promote and be involved in improving the processes to align with Agile best practice methodologies.
- Analytical thinking and attentive to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and ready to do what it takes to get things done attitude.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Thinks outside the box and are creative.
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
- Able to work efficiently in a fast paced and self organizing environment.
- 3 years on the job full time experience in a QA engineer, software engineering or related role.
- BDD experience. We value hands on practice with Gherkin for writing acceptance scenarios.
- Strong technical skills including experience with coding either for automating test, scripting processes or general software development.
- Experience with Agile development process.
- Previous testing or test automation experience is a plus.
- Experience with Cucumber or Hiptest is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree, computer science, engineering or related field.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible working hours.
- Fun environment working in a dynamic team.
- Performance evaluation based on merit.
- Ability to make a difference in the world by enabling scientific, medical and technical research.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.