Spitogatos is recruiting a Software Engineer, to be based
in Athens, Greece.
- Spitogatos Network is helping people search & find property with the use of technology. Our Athens team currently manages 4 property search brands (spitogatos, spiti24, tospitimou, indomio) that operate in 10 countries in Southeast Europe. We grow rapidly (+40% YoY in Greece, >100% YoY overseas), and our products currently service over 50 million users / 2 billion pageviews at the countries at which we operate.
Being part of the Luxembourg-based Real Web group, we are joining forces with our Italian, Spanish and French teams, and our consolidated team of over 600 people today is dedicated to providing the leading property search service in Europe.
- As a Software Engineer in our team you will need to provide high quality code, leave the code base better than you found it, as well as plan and provide estimations for complex, time-critical projects that will help our company reinvent the way people search & find property.
A successful candidate should be a passionate and talented software engineer that has a proven “get-things-done” mentality, enjoys problem solving, values team evolution as well as personal growth, and is a relentless innovator at any given opportunity. Strong customer focus and business judgement will be very influential to success in this role.
- Work in challenging projects with, at times, tight deadlines.
- Try to innovate, automate and simplify instead of “rinse, repeat”.
- Build high volume, reliable and distributed applications and services on top of AWS.
- Own the applications, modules and services that they build (You build it, you run it).
- Care about code quality, deliver code of the highest standards, study about coding best practices and evangelize them to the rest of the team.
- Play a key role in architectural decisions.
- Continuously push the boundaries of the team further.
- Have no reservation to try out new things from scratch.
- Seek to broaden their knowledge and share the new knowledge with the rest of the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or related field.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming (OOP) and/or Design (OOD).
- Understanding of web standards and architecture.
- Obsession with seeing projects through to completion with attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate with non-technical stakeholders.
- Completed military obligation (if relevant).
- Experience with PHP frameworks, Java or GoLang is a plus.
- Basic understanding of frontend JS frameworks (React, Vue, Angular).
- Practical experience with testing frameworks like PHPUnit, Junit or similar.
- Practical experience in version control (git).
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with Agile software development (Scrum, Kanban).
- Basic understanding of microservices, Web Services and REST architectures.
- MSc in Computer Science / Software Engineering or related field.
- Amazing and modern working environment. All things startup and flexible as long as you bring results.
- Attractive compensation package with great potential.
- Private health insurance on our company's group program.
- Continuous Learning: access to a broad wealth of resources for professional and personal development.
- Various office perks.
- Opportunity to learn and develop in a leading tech startup which is growing very fast and currently manages the top 3 real estate verticals in Greece and multiple brands internationally: indomio.hr (Croatia), indomio.rs (Serbia), indomio.si (Slovenia), indomio.ba (Bosnia and Herzegovina), indomio.me (Montenegro), indomio.bg (Bulgaria), indomio.com.mt (Malta), spitogatos.com.cy (Cyprus)... more to come soon.
- Opportunity to become part of a broader international team, consisting of some of the smartest people in the industry. Spitogatos was the first Greek VC-backed online business (in 2009 from Oxygen Capital), and since 2014 has become part of a big international player, Real Web SA, with presence in numerous countries in Europe (Italy, France, Spain, Netherlands, Greece, among others), in several industries/business models.
- Indicate the source of the job position in your application: douleuw.gr.