Software Engineer, iOS
Blueground is recruiting a Software Engineer, iOS
(Remote Possible), to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Blueground was founded in April 2013 in Athens, Greece, as a result of our CEO and co-founder's experience as a business consultant and traveler. Currently active in nine markets across the globe - including six cities in the US - Blueground seeks to solve a lot of the hassles Alex experienced first-hand, as both a frequent business traveler and expat. Chief among them: how we can give people a place that feels like home and help them start living from day one.
- We are looking for a talented Athens based or remote iOS Engineer to join our Engineering team and our mission to offer a world-class experience to our customers. Currently making substantial investments in our technology platform to enable our next stage of high growth, iOS at Blueground is one of the leading platforms that hundreds (soon to be thousands) of users engage with daily. You would be helping build a critical part of the future success at Blueground as we are redesigning our post-book experience app from scratch.
If you are interested in product development - we’re looking for product-aware engineers who are thoughtful, responsible, and passionate individuals who appreciate user experience. We’re looking for someone who is not only well-versed in iOS development, but also has a strong understanding of good UX and enjoys working closely with Product Designers.
- Code our new post-book app in latest Swift on a brand new MacBook Pro.
- Write design docs and keep a ChangeLog.
- Read & submit Pull Requests.
- Participate in SCRUM ceremonies.
- Write awesome tests that will let you refactor your code.
- Keep a linear and beautiful Git history.
- Push for better UX and DX (more for UX tbh).
- Automate stuff.
- Work with a CI pipeline (Jenkins, Danger, Fastlane, Fabric).
What to expect
- To work in agile, cross functional, devops enabled teams.
- To work with a product designer, a product manager and an engineer in test.
- To work on functional and non functional testing.
- To work on performance and SEO.
- To move beyond frameworks and take advantage of modern browser tech.
- To enjoy some quality engineering.
- A rapidly growing company.
- Cool colleagues :).
- 2+ years of full-time industry experience working on iOS.
- Strong platform fundamentals (UIKit, Foundation, Xcode).
- Strong computer science fundamentals.
- Strong Swift skills.
- Knowing the ways of unit tests.
- An eye for good UX.
- Really comfortable with Git.
- Excellent communication in English.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related subject.
- Bonus: knowing your way around *nix shell.
- Access to training budget and resources (safaribooksonline, frontendmasters, raywenderlich et al).
- Workstation of your choice.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible paid time off.
- Enhanced parental leave.
- Dynamic working environment with talented people.
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!
- At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.