Software Engineer in Test
ANIXE Hellas is recruiting a Software Engineer in Test,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- We were "born" in 2014 from one of the biggest touristic group of companies, the FTI GROUP, as an initial step of automating the back-end workflow of the travel industry. We started as Project Beagle and seemed more like a project, providing support on existing applications. Through time, though, we created new goals, have grown rapidly and ended up exceeding our own limits. Now, as ANIXE Hellas we have become a fully-functional delivery center combining software engineering, design and support services, building software products that numerous destinations (DMCs) around the globe use.
Our mission is to create a new holistic software product for the travel industry like any other has ever existed before, transforming the B2B travel needs from a fragmented, siloed process to a fully integrated, interactive and intuitive one.
- You will be part of a scrum-based team specialized in a high-volume B2B web application for the tourism industry with lots of dependencies and more specifically in a contracting tool for managing multiple hotel contracts. The stack we use is comprised of Java 8, Spring Boot 2+, Angular 2+ (we currently right our new client in Angular 7), following a microservices architecture.
In a nutshell, as a team, we love working closely together and believe in true teamwork collaboration, meaning that we do not afraid to dig our hands into unknown “territories” and offer our help to other team members. Our everyday schedule is full of great staff and we have lots of serious technical challenges to crack from scratch.
- Being a Software Engineer in Test, your focus will be on having ownership of and self-managing your own work, acting proactively regarding testing needs and more specifically:
- Design and Implement both manual and automation tests with an orientation in automation (e.g. e2e, API and database testing).
- Build a suite of processes, tools, and tests using automation to ensure the delivery of quality software.
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases with a strong emphasis on automation in order to solve technical challenges and make the test cycle as short as possible.
- Review requirements and technical specifications.
- Estimate and prioritize testing activities.
- Proactively bring issues and problems to the attention of your team, while proposing and implementing innovative solutions to solve them.
- Improve test procedures, methodologies, and tools.
- Identify, document and track bugs.
- Effectively organize your own work and be aware of how to spend your time efficiently to get stuff done.
- Collaborate heavily with other team members (they love to share their knowledge and solve problems together).
- Strong working knowledge of testing fundamentals such as TDD & BDD.
- Solid experience in writing, executing and monitoring automated test using a variety of tools like Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin and TestNG.
- Very good knowledge of REST API testing.
- Experience with Postman.
- Exposure to SQL queries.
- Good understanding of Java or OOP.
- Experience with GitLab or Jenkins and Jira.
- Eager to learn and experiment with new technologies and new standards.
- Good communication skills in English both written and spoken.
- A sharing-knowledge-with-other-team-members attitude.
- We'll believe and trust in you and your abilities and teamwork is an unbreakable value for us. You will have the opportunity to work among unique people and create solutions together.
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary for full-time employment.
- Private Health Insurance on our group program with Generali.
- Training according to your needs.
- Open and friendly colleagues in a fun environment (you will also see a dog wandering around acting as our stress relief).
- Relax dress code.
- Indicate the source of the job position in your application: douleuw.gr.