Software Engineer, DevOps
Blueground is recruiting a Software Engineer, DevOps,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Blueground was founded in April 2013 in Athens, Greece, as a result of our CEO and co-founder's experience as a business consultant and traveler. Currently active in nine markets across the globe - including six cities in the US - Blueground seeks to solve a lot of the hassles Alex experienced first-hand, as both a frequent business traveler and expat. Chief among them: how we can give people a place that feels like home and help them start living from day one.
- We are looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to join our Engineering team in Athens and play a pivotal role in our effort to deliver better software faster, office based or remote. To enable our next stage of high growth, we are currently making substantial investments in our technology platform. Key to those investments is making sure we are as efficient as possible through autonomy, cross-functional teams, sophisticated infrastructure and automation.
You’ll be a core member of the engineering team and work side by side with the developers and SDETs. Our immediate goals include having on-demand staging environments for all our products. What follows next is a transition to Kubernetes and a new monitoring strategy. We like to reliably automate tasks, we’re infrastructure as code enthusiasts and understand the importance of having good production telemetry to solve problems as they occur.
- Manage our cloud infrastructure (currently on AWS).
- Help us transition into a finer-grained microservice architecture.
- Work on low-risk releases and zero-downtime deployments.
- Allow for on-demand testing environments.
- Automate or oversee the automation of tasks.
- Work on production monitoring.
- Work on domain-specific telemetry.
- Participate in SCRUM ceremonies.
What to expect
- To work in agile, cross functional, DevOps enabled teams.
- To work closely with developers and SDETs.
- To build lots of stuff from scratch.
- Your opinion to matter.
- To get your hands on latest goodies - we’re open minded geeks.
- To enjoy some quality engineering.
- A rapidly growing company.
- Cool colleagues :).
- 2+ years managing production systems on AWS or GCP.
- Strong background in Linux administration.
- Experience with infrastructure & app performance monitoring tools.
- Being comfortable with Git.
- Excellent communication in English.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related subject.
- Bonus: experience with CloudFormation, Terraform or other IaC tool.
- Bonus: experience with one of Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt.
- Access to training budget and resources (safaribooksonline, frontendmasters, raywenderlich et al).
- Workstation of your choice.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible paid time off.
- Enhanced parental leave.
- Dynamic working environment with talented people.
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!
- At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
- Indicate the source of the job position in your application: douleuw.gr.