Software Engineer – Backend
Blueground is recruiting a Software Engineer - Backend,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Blueground was founded in April 2013 in Athens, Greece, as a result of our CEO and co-founder's experience as a business consultant and traveler. Currently active in nine markets across the globe - including six cities in the US - Blueground seeks to solve a lot of the hassles Alex experienced first-hand, as both a frequent business traveler and expat. Chief among them: how we can give people a place that feels like home and help them start living from day one.
- We are looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our Engineering team in Athens and work on our robust internal platform and tools. We are a tech enabled company currently making substantial investments in our technology to enable our next stage of high growth. The person in this role will work on our internal tools on a modern JVM stack, using solid engineering practices and challenging requirements.
- Work on our internal platform and tools.
- Participate in SCRUM ceremonies.
- Code pages, services and APIs in Java (soon in Kotlin too ^^).
- Write your unit tests.
- Write your e2e tests (functional & performance).
- Automate stuff. Like a lot.
- Be religious with Git.
- Depend on a CI pipeline.
- Experiment, learn and have fun.
What to expect
- To work in agile, cross-functional, DevOps enabled teams.
- A simplified squad mode.
- A team that constantly raises its standards of work.
- A rapidly growing company with top talented people.
- Trust and autonomy.
- To experiment, learn and have fun.
- Cool colleagues :).
- 2+ years of experience in software development.
- Strong CS background.
- Good knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
- Good programming and algorithmic skills.
- Proficiency in Java or other JVM language.
- Testing mindset and an eye for clean code.
- Comfortable with Git.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related subject.
- Bonus: experience with other JVM languages like Groovy or Kotlin.
- Bonus: knowing your way around the *nix shell.
- Bonus: experience with NoSQL storage (Redis, Elastic, MongoDB).
- Workstation of your choice.
- Competitive salary.
- Enhanced parental leave.
- Dynamic working environment with talented people.
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!
- At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.