Software Engineer – Analytics Development
Citrix is recruiting a Software Engineer - Analytics Development,
to be based in Patras, Greece.
- We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
- As a Software Engineer you will have responsibility for the development of software features in our world-class Analytics products and services. You will join a crack team of experienced and talented software engineers based in Patras Greece, with years of history delivering high-quality carrier-grade products and global cloud services, in a fast-paced business environment, and will have the potential to collaborate with fellow engineering teams across the globe.
This position requires passion for building software and offers the opportunity to increase your skills and competencies to new levels. Our market leadership and large installed Customer base also present a unique opportunity to experience real-life deployments and problem-solving techniques that will become an invaluable individual career asset.
- Develop, unit-test, performance-test, debug, troubleshoot, maintain software features for our products and services, existing or new, based on the Linux platform.
- Contribute to writing software requirements, design specifications, and to task effort estimation.
- Develop code using high-level programming languages (e.g. Java, C++, Python).
- Interact with senior internal personnel, to consider project approaches, select methodologies, jointly plan tasks, and coordinate your activities with fellow engineers.
- Establish and maintain thorough documentation of your work; assist with review of technical specifications’ documentation.
- Follow established practices and procedures, to achieve overall project performance, schedule, and quality standards.
- Engage in continuous learning, both on the job and through available technical training, to develop knowledge and skills.
- The position requires a Software Engineer professional with 2+ years of related work experience in software development, preferably in Linux; or a holder of an MSc or higher degree in Computer Science (or related discipline) with a specialization directly relevant to our product lines.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field; equivalent experience may be substituted for formal education.
- Proficiency in one or more high-level Object-Oriented programming languages (e.g. Java, C++ or Python).
- Expertise implementing, unit testing, debugging and integrating code of moderate complexity.
- Knowledge of the Linux O/S.
- Strong foundation and discipline in software engineering processes.
- Solid understanding of networking and data communications.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Team player.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Knowledge of source-control management concepts and tools.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum).
- Experience contributing to or collaborating on open source software projects.
- Knowledge and experience with OOAD principles and methodologies.
- Experience programming for UN*X systems including shell scripting and development toolchain.
- Working knowledge of networking and data communications.
- Experience in Database programming.
- Experience in Data Mining algorithms.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming on Linux.
- Experience with network programming on Linux.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.