Software Development Engineer
WIND is recruiting a Software Development Engineer,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- In WIND we are committed to becoming an outstanding independent telecommunications company in the European market, delivering unique value for money services to our customers. Our ambitious commitment mobilizes us to keep evolving, to seek out new challenges and to change, without fear, in a creative and empowering environment! All these elements create a high performance culture, characterized by the passion, talent and competencies of our employees.
- In WIND, we believe in a world of connection, interaction and sharing! Our passion is that people enrich their lives with all that communications technology makes possible. We want our Customers to focus only on expressing themselves, while we take care of the technology that enables them.
So, if you want to take part in changing how people experience their lives, WIND is the right place to be. Start today, as a Software Development Engineer and become part of an enthusiastic team who work with high end technology.
- Focusing on our customers’ need, driving incremental delivery of software that has the highest value in a timely manner within our sprint timeframe.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Product Owners to help define and shape deliverables, provide estimates, highlight technical risks and determine technical solutions.
- Actively participate in the Agile ceremonies and contribute to the overall functioning of self-organised, empowered, high performance team.
- Ensure technical integrity and quality control consistency throughout the development life-cycle and liaise with operations for technical analysis of the issues.
- Design, develop and test required web UI using Vue.js or similar framework and backend modules.
- Work in best practice methodologies of software development (Design Patterns, SOLID principles) while implementing and maintaining best practices in version control (GIT) and continuous integration.
- Identify and resolve issues in a timely manner and support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- BSc in Computer Science or Software Development.
- 4 or more years of working experience in a similar role.
- Evidence of commercial experience on building a web application using the following technologies:
- Java, J2EE and Object-Oriented programming.
- ATG/WCS Oracle Stack as a platform (Proficiency in Oracle ATG and WCS is a big plus).
- HTML/CSS/AJAX/ JQuery and major JS Frameworks.
- SOAP, WSDL, Restful Web Services.
- Database (preferably Oracle, SQL Server).
- Working experience in agile environments/teams will be highly appreciated.
- Highly driven self-starter and keen problem solver with an eye for attention to detail.
- Preferred Experience with Oracle WebCenter Sites: Oracle WCS Template UI / Controller Development, Oracle WCS Java API, Oracle WCS REST services.
- Familiar with Oracle WCS Caching, User Segments, Asset Model (Basic & Flex Assets), Custom Attribute Editors, Page and Template Design, Tag Libraries, Workflow, Publishing and Customization of WebCenter Sites Authoring Forms and User Interface.
- Clear and effective communication skills in English (written and verbal).
- Passion for technology and customer experience.
- Drive and team spirit!
- Knowledge and understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Experience with Unit testing and Automated test frameworks.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.