Software Development Engineer in Test
Blueground is recruiting a Software Development Engineer in Test,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Blueground was founded in April 2013 in Athens, Greece, as a result of our CEO and co-founder's experience as a business consultant and traveler. Currently active in nine markets across the globe - including six cities in the US - Blueground seeks to solve a lot of the hassles Alex experienced first-hand, as both a frequent business traveler and expat. Chief among them: how we can give people a place that feels like home and help them start living from day one.
- We are looking for a Software Developer in Test to join our Engineering team in Athens. As a tech enabled company we heavily rely on our software, from our website and mobile apps to our key business internal platform. Now, as we're doubling down on that, we aim for a robust continuous delivery pipeline across services, enabling numerous deployments per day. Testing is major part of the effort required and thus every SDET role very important to us.
Here's how test engineering fits into the picture at Blueground. Test authoring - both unit and functional - is responsibility of every engineer in all product teams. The test infrastructure, strategy and practices are implemented and guided by the SDET team with a bit of DevOps help. So this is not a "test the code of others" role but rather one that enables other teams to have a robust platform and methodology for embedding quality into our projects.
- Work on our testing infrastructure, automation needs and CI pipeline.
- Create tooling supporting our automation & testing frameworks.
- Code tests that will work as examples for the rest of the team.
- Debug those difficult cases that block teams from delivering on time.
- Track and report test coverage and code quality metrics.
- Write internal guides on software testing.
- Testing in production RnD.
- Make any relevant technology choices.
- Provide mentorship to support the quality discipline across the entire team.
What to expect
- To work in agile, cross-functional, DevOps enabled teams.
- A simplified squad mode.
- A team that constantly raises its standards of work.
- A rapidly growing company with top talented people.
- Trust and autonomy.
- To experiment, learn and have fun.
- Cool colleagues :).
- 3+ years of full-time industry experience in software engineering.
- Good understanding of the modern software testing concepts & practices.
- Being passionate about crafting & testing software.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related subject from a top-tier university.
- Skilled in Java (or another JVM lang).
- Familiar with at least one scripting language.
- Experience with major testing frameworks & tools (Junit, JSON Wire Protocol, TestNG, Protractor, Cucumber, Cypress.io).
- Experience with CI solutions (Jenkins, Bamboo).
- Experience with provisioning tools is a plus (Ansible, Chef, Puppet).
- Experience in testing APIs (REST or binary) and responsive web UIs.
- Comfortable with Git.
- Access to training budget and resources (safaribooksonline, frontendmasters, raywenderlich et al).
- Workstation of your choice.
- Competitive salary.
- Enhanced parental leave.
- Dynamic working environment with talented people.
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!
- At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.