SolidarityNow is recruiting a Social Worker, to be based
in Thessaloniki, Greece.
- SolidarityNow was established in 2013 with the support of Open Society Foundations (OSF), a grantmaking organization founded by George Soros. Our goal is to assist and support those most affected by the economic and humanitarian crises in Greece.
- The Social Worker is expected to provide psychosocial support, assess the needs, ensure proper case management for beneficiaries or referred beneficiaries while identifying vulnerabilities as to link up eligible cases with support and aid available.
- Provide comprehensive package of Social Services to beneficiaries.
- Brief and full social history taking.
- Assess needs of beneficiaries and develop an intervention/pathway plan ensuring.
- Provide adequate information on available services and relevant procedures.
- Provide comprehensive package of Social Services to the beneficiaries in (and if requested out) of SolidarityNow Premises.
- Providing F2F Counseling, Guidance.
- Accompany beneficiaries to public services when needed.
- Provide mediation and advocacy for beneficiaries.
- Ensure referrals internally and externally and follow up on referrals whilst always respecting confidentiality.
- Identify particularly vulnerable individuals/groups and facilitate their access to available aid.
- Inform beneficiaries on their personal and legal rights (e.g. by preparing written material).
- Prepare relevant social reports.
- Cooperate with SN Legal Services conducting interviews relevant to social and legal issues.
- Cooperate with SN Services and projects.
- Participate on TSC interdisciplinary meetings.
- Organize and keep an up-to-date file always regarding Data Protection Regulation.
- Collaborate with other actors in the area (public sector, NGOs and INGOs) to link the beneficiaries with the services needed.
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide a comprehensive case plan for beneficiaries.
- Organize group activities for beneficiaries aiming to their empowerment.
- Promote community engagement through structured activities.
- Degree on Social Work.
- Permission of Work.
- Experience in social work within the civil society sector, preferably working with vulnerable groups and refugees/migrants.
- 3 years’ experience in relevant position (at least 2 years in Social Service and project serving refugees and migrants population).
- Familiar with Refugee and Migration Issues.
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility.
- Computer literate & numerate.
- Well organized and efficient.
- Good interpersonal & communications skills.
- Native in Greek.
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken).
- Field work experience, e.g. in camps or temporary settlements.
- Interest and experience to work with vulnerable groups.
- Knowledge of French.
- Location: Thessaloniki.
- Starting Date: ASAP.
- Status: Full Time.
- Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 The job holder will have regular contact with children.
- If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “Social worker_TSC” not later than by July, 12th 2019.
- Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter