SolidarityNow is recruiting a Social Worker, to be based in Thiva, Greece.
- SolidarityNow was established in 2013 with the support of Open Society Foundations (OSF), a grantmaking organization founded by George Soros. Our goal is to assist and support those most affected by the economic and humanitarian crises in Greece.
- The Social Worker is expected to assess the needs of the PoCs residing at the camp site of Thiva and identify vulnerabilities, provide info sessions, provide psychosocial support, ensure proper case management, proceed with appropriate referrals when needed and ensure proper follow-up; the Social Worker is expected to work closely with the other team members so as to facilitate the beneficiaries’ overall integration and wellbeing in Greece. Reports to: Team Leader.
- Being a member of a multi-disciplinary team, identify protection and other social needs of the PoCs and provide comprehensive package of psychosocial support.
- Undertake case management of vulnerable children, families and SGBV survivors, including intakes, keeping of social history records, drafting psychosocial reports and proceeding with referrals to other service providers when necessary, according to the referral pathways in place and upon consent of the beneficiary/ies.
- Liaise with other service providers onsite and externally and ensure proper follow-up with respective referrals.
- Participate in the preparation and provision of awareness raising sessions focusing on Child Protection and Women’s empowerment (group activities may include informal trainings, counselling, discussions, information-sharing etc).
- Carry out community outreach around the “Child and Family Support Hub” by disseminating clear messages on its role and objectives.
- Keep accurate attendance records and report back in a timely manner, following respective deadlines and procedures.
- Perform other position-related duties as assigned by the Team Leader.
- University Degree in Social Work and respective professional license.
- Minimum three-years professional experience in providing supporting services to refugees and migrants, including case management and individual counselling, residing in formal and informal settings (including camps).
- Minimum five-years professional experience in Social Work within the civil society sector.
- Excellent understanding of the human rights context, including Child Protection and Child Safeguarding Principles, Gender equality, Child Marriage, Sexual and Gender based Violence (SGBV) in regular and emergency situations.
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, listening and observation skills, including ability to create trust, support, respect and interact with PoCs of all ages, background and diversity.
- Strong team player, flexible and able to handle pressure well; ability to work on own initiative and as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team.
- Computer literate & numerate.
- Well organized and efficient with good report writing skills.
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken).
- Adhere to and promote Child Protection and SGBV guiding principles.
- Due to the requirements of the position (SGBV and CP related activities), female candidates are preferred.
- Awareness of the cultural background of the PoCs, including Arabic, Kurdish and Farsi speaking populations, in the light of their emergency displacement
- Understanding and speaking of Arabic, Farsi, or Kurdish.
- Transportation to the site will be provided by SolidarityNow.
- If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and a short motivation letter (in Enlish) to email@example.com by Monday, June 25th, 2018, mentioning in the email subject “CFSH_Social Worker_Thiva”.
- SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Child Safeguarding Policy Level 3: The job holder will have regular contact with children.
- Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter