Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a
Social Worker, to be based in Chios, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide.
The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
- Support the patients of the Mobile Clinic by carrying out all social-related activities, in order to ease the patient’s situation, to provide vital and precise information for the current context and his/her rights and obligations, to maximize his/her access at health services and to improve his/her psychosocial condition.
Support the Social Service of the General Hospital in issues relevant to the refugee and migrant population.
- Identify social, medical, legal or other needs of patients through a social assessment. Respond to the patient’s social needs, according to the scope of the project, by giving direct social support (as transport, food, legal info) and/or refer to other social actors, in order to actively contribute to the improvement of their quality of living. (According to inclusive criteria for Social Worker).
- Contact patients to follow up the evolution of their condition when needed (home visits, defaulter tracing, escorts to medical or admin services).
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for the activities of social workers. Take care of social services facilities, materials and equipment in order to ensure continuity.
- Map and regular update of social partners, local authorities, other NGOs, and governmental social services in order to improve social services scope and responsiveness.
- Keep records, statistic and files updated, reporting any social activity, in order to prioritize and develop.
- Appropriate programs or projects. Archive social forms according to MSF protocols.
- Provision of social worker services to the patients of our medical team.
- Case management of cases with social related issues.
- Participate in working groups and meetings relevant to project activities.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary team of professionals addressing individual patient needs in a holistic manner.
- Advocacy in micro level in the framework of the collaboration with other services related to succeed access in health care services or to other benefits.
- Responsible to follow and report of Advocacy cases.
- Participate in the case management of the Sexual Violence cases.
- Upon request from the Social Service responsible undertake and carry out specific tasks for refugee and migrant population in the Hospital.
- Support the maintenance of hygiene in the clinic and reinforce waste collection.
- Degree in Social work and license to practice social work in Greece.
- Two years of experience minimum in a similar social job, desirable previous experience with MSF or with other NGO’s.
- Fluency in English and Greek is mandatory.
- Knowledge of French an advantage.
- Duration: 3 months (possibility of indefinite extension).
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private Insurance.
- Please send your CV in English quoting reference code “Social Worker Chios" in the subject line of the e-mail at: Msfchfirstname.lastname@example.org.
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
Αυτή η θέση εργασίας δεν δέχεται πλέον αιτήσεις