SolidarityNow is recruiting a Social Scientist, to be based
in Thiva, Greece.
- SolidarityNow was established in 2013 with the support of Open Society Foundations (OSF), a grantmaking organization founded by George Soros. Our goal is to assist and support those most affected by the economic and humanitarian crises in Greece.
- Focal point of communication for vulnerable families or vulnerable beneficiaries.
- Assess and address social needs of the beneficiaries, identify and follow-up cases that require special care.
- Perform case management in cooperation with other project staff and potentially SN partners involved in services provision.
- Cooperate with interpreters where needed for the provision of social services.
- Closely cooperate with other team members, passing on crucial information and expressing the need of action clearly and concisely.
- Keep social register files and statistical records of the caseload and services’ provision.
- Manage individual protection cases, including those on SGBV and child protection, and be in-charge of drafting relevant case plans.
- Find proper solutions to individuals, who are at most risk or victims of violence.
- Set strategies and operational measures to effectively prevent SGBV.
- Conduct needs/gaps and capacity assessments on SGBV response needs.
- Perform social work duties and undertake procedures implementation when referral(s) to other services are required.
- Directly support and coach beneficiaries through the usage of simple communication and moral uplifting techniques.
- Regular and ad hoc reporting and data/case files keeping.
- University degree in Humanities or Social Sciences.
- Experience in social work within the civil society sector, preferably working with vulnerable groups and refugees/migrants.
- Minimum one-year professional experience in case management.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to troubleshoot and ease potential tensions between the project’s beneficiaries.
- Ability to perform fact finding tasks and clearly articulate results in a fair and balanced way.
- Previous experience in street-work and/or a job entailing direct contact and exchange with vulnerable groups of beneficiaries is an asset.
- Fluency in Greek and English required.
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Excel, and Word business software.
- Experience in community mobilization.
- Cross-cultural awareness and flexibility.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, listening and observation skills, including ability to create trust, support, respect and interact with women and girls of all ages, background and diversity.
- Strong team player and able to handle pressure well.
- Well organized and efficient, with ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate.
- Good report writing skills.
- Adhere to and promote GBV guiding principles.
- Starting Date: ASAP.
- Status: Full-Time.
- Child Safeguarding Policy Level 3 The job holder will have regular contact with children.
- If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning in the subject line of the email “SN Social Scientist_Thiva”.
- Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter