SolidarityNow is recruiting a Social Scientist, to be based
in Thessaloniki, Greece.
- SolidarityNow was established in 2013 with the support of Open Society Foundations (OSF), a grantmaking organization founded by George Soros. Our goal is to assist and support those most affected by the economic and humanitarian crises in Greece.
- The Social Scientist is expected to provide psychosocial support, assess the needs, ensure proper case management for beneficiaries or referred beneficiaries while identifying vulnerabilities as to link up eligible cases with support and aid available.
- Provide comprehensive package of Social Services to beneficiaries.
- Assess needs of beneficiaries and develop an intervention/pathway plan ensuring.
- Special needs of most vulnerable are identified and addressed.
- Provide adequate information on available services and relevant procedures.
- Provide comprehensive package of Social Services to the beneficiaries in (and if requested out) of SolidarityNow Premises.
- Providing F2F Counseling, Guidance.
- Ensure referrals internally and externally and follow up on referrals whilst always respecting confidentiality.
- Identify particularly vulnerable individuals/groups and facilitate their access to available aid.
- Perform occasional field visits /FU visits to houses of beneficiaries.
- Data base and Case related info management.
- Collaborate with other actors in the area (public sector, NGOs and INGOs) to link the beneficiaries with the services needed.
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide a comprehensive case plan for beneficiaries.
- Organize group activities for beneficiaries aiming to their empowerment.
- Promote community engagement through structured activities.
- Field work experience, e.g. in camps or temporary settlements.
- Interest and experience to work with vulnerable groups.
- Knowledge of Arabic, French or Farsi.
- Location: Thessaloniki.
- Starting Date: ASAP.
- Status: Full Time.
- Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 The job holder will have regular contact with children.
- If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “Social scientist_ESTIA_Thessaloniki” not later than by July, 10th 2019.
- Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter