SolidarityNow is recruiting a Social Scientist, to be based in Ioannina, Greece.
- SolidarityNow was established in 2013 with the support of Open Society Foundations (OSF), a grantmaking organization founded by George Soros. Our goal is to assist and support those most affected by the economic and humanitarian crises in Greece.
- Provide psychosocial support to beneficiaries regarding their accommodation, safety, hygiene and living costs.
- Provide Face to Face counselling and guidance in regards.
- Conduct info sessions.
- Conduct regular home visits.
- Identify vulnerable cases and refer cases to SN Social team and Protection Unit.
- Act as liaison between PoCs and neighbors.
- Build strong relationships and network between PoCs and neighbors.
- Follow up on any damages in the accommodation scheme.
Data-base and case-related information management
- Complete and maintain brief and full case archive and database.
- Prepare reports as required (daily, weekly, monthly).
- Collaborate with other actors (Public Sector, Private Sector, national and international NGOs) to link project beneficiaries with required services.
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide comprehensive case management.
- Promote community engagement through structured activities.
- Required qualifications and skills.
- Social Worker or other degree in Social Science, such as psychology, sociology.
- Minimum 1-year of relevant experience (at least 6 months supporting refugee and migrant populations).
- Familiar with the services and mechanism provided at Ioannina.
- Familiar with refugee and migration issues.
- Cross cultural awareness and understanding.
- Computer literate & numerate.
- Well organized and efficient.
- Good interpersonal & communications skills.
- Ability to work with interpreter.
- Fluent in Greek and English (both written and spoken).
- Interest to work with vulnerable groups.
- Knowledge of Arabic, French or Farsi.
- Experience on working with vulnerable groups.
- If you are interested, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject: Social Scientist_Ioannina.
- SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Child Safeguarding Policy Level 3: The job holder will have regular contact with children.
- Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
Αυτή η θέση εργασίας δεν δέχεται πλέον αιτήσεις