Female-friendly Space Facilitator / GBV Case Manager
SolidarityNow is recruiting
an SN Female-friendly Space Facilitator / GBV Case Manager, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- SolidarityNow was established in 2013 with the support of Open Society Foundations (OSF), a grantmaking organization founded by George Soros. Our goal is to assist and support those most affected by the economic and humanitarian crises in Greece.
- The Female-friendly Space Facilitator/GBV Case manager acts as the coordinator of the space for women and girls. She facilitates access and ensures overall smooth functioning of the space; she conducts tailored psychosocial activities, identifies protection needs and works with other team members in providing support (including counseling); she encourages the participation of women and girls in group and individual activities (including awareness-raising and skills-building sessions), so as to facilitate their overall integration and wellbeing in Greece. Reports to: Team Leader.
- Maintains a comfortable and safe environment where women and girls can participate in psychosocial activities and receive appropriate support.
- Prepares and implements structured activities for women and girls (including schedules and timetables) through a participatory approach, tailored to their needs, skills and cultural diversities.
- Identifies protection and other support needs and refers them to respective colleagues or/and other service providers.
- In coordination with the team’s social scientists, assists in case management and provision of psychosocial support to vulnerable women and girls, particularly survivors of GBV (including provision of private counselling sessions).
- Carries out awareness raising sessions focusing on gender issues/GBV, Health/Hygiene, Nutrition, Livelihoods, Skills-building etc. Other group activities may include informal trainings, counselling, discussions, information-sharing etc.
- Carries out community mobilization around the FFS by disseminating clear messages on its role and objectives.
- Liaises with other service providers onsite and follows referral pathways, upon consent of the beneficiary/ies.
- Keeps accurate attendance records and reports in a timely manner, following respective deadlines and procedures.
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, pending on setting.
- University Degree in Social Sciences or Humanities or Political Sciences.
- Due to the requirements of the position, female candidates are preferred.
- Minimum one-year professional experience in implementing activities for women and girls.
- Good understanding of human rights, Gender equality, Child Marriage, Sexual and Gender based Violence (SGBV) in regular and emergency situations.
- Experience in community mobilization.
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, listening and observation skills, including ability to create trust, support, respect and interact with women and girls of all ages, background and diversity.
- Strong team player, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Computer literate & numerate.
- Well organized and efficient.
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken).
- Good report writing skills.
- Adhere to and promote Child Protection and GBV guiding principles.
The following will be considered as a bonus:
- Experience in case management procedures.
- Demonstrated commitment to women’s empowerment and protection through previous assignments (volunteer or paid) in women’s groups, or other relevant experience.
- Field Working Experience in Camps/Temporary Settlements of refugee/migrant population.
- Engagement in Refugee Focused Projects (e.g Assessments, Surveys, Missions to the borders etc).
- If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by Sunday, May 27th, 2018, mentioning in the email subject “SN_FFS Facilitator – GBV Case Manager”.
- SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Child Safeguarding Policy Level 2: The job holder will have sporadic contact with children.
- Full Time.
- Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
Αυτή η θέση εργασίας δεν δέχεται πλέον αιτήσεις