Site Reliability Engineer (m/f/x)
Wirecard is recruiting a Site Reliability Engineer (m/f/x),
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Wirecard is one of the world's fastest-growing digital platforms in the area of financial commerce. We offer both businesses and consumers a constantly growing ecosystem of value-added services for innovative digital payments: online, mobile, and at the point of sale.
In everything we do, our focus is on shaping the future of digital payment solutions. We constantly strive to consolidate and bolster our own technology leadership by spotting market trends early and developing our own.
We achieve this goal by settling for nothing less than top quality in all of the solutions we develop. And agility, passion and vision build the cornerstones of our sustainable, profit-oriented corporate growth.
- We are looking for someone to work as a remote member of our development team in Munich. This position operates from our offices in Athens, Greece.
- Administer issuing applications and support application infrastructure to ensure our platform services are optimized for performance and reliability.
- Consult with other technical team members on best practices to improve scalability and reliability of infrastructure and application services.
- Discuss and agree on the most innovative solutions applicable to our cloud services environments.
- Maintain and enhance internal tools.
- Deploy and assist with maintenance of automation technologies (Scripts, APIs, etc.).
- Maintain, create and update knowledge base articles and operational procedures.
- Proactively monitor applications and infrastructure to ensure high availability of critical functions, react to events in order to restore any degradation as quickly as possible.
- Support development and implementation teams with your technical expertise during the launch or integration of new services.
- Experience in deploying and supporting web based applications and ability to grasp complex dependencies between multiple systems.
- Experience with at least one orchestration and configuration management toolsets like: Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform, Packer, OpenStack Heat, CloudFormation.
- Understanding of operational concepts like change management, on call rotations, escalations, uptime, performance tuning, monitoring, log analysis etc.
- Cloud related experience: Amazon Web Services (i.e. EC2, ELB, ALB, ECS, S3, Route53, EBS, EFS, Networking etc.), OpenStack (Nova, Swift, Cinder, Glance, Neutron) or other cloud providers.
- Understanding of continues delivery and experience with Jenkins, Git etc.
- Strong knowledge of monitoring tools (Nagios, AppDynamics, CloudDog) including experience in design and implementation of new monitoring checks.
- Strong Linux OS skills with multiple years of admin experience.
- Strong scripting knowledge (PL/SQL, Perl, Shell, Python) with several years of experience.
- Expert of Java application containers (e.g. Tomcat) and Apache web servers.
- Challenging and diverse tasks with scope for introducing your own ideas and experience.
- An excellent working atmosphere in a highly-motivated and successful team with an international company culture.
- Further professional and personal development at one of the world's leading providers of payment processing.
- An attractive salary as well as long-term prospects and a chance for promotion in a successful company that is growing strongly.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.