Site Management Support (SMS) Team Leader
Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is recruiting
a Site Management Support (SMS) Team Leader, to be based in Thessaloniki, Greece.
- The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization, founded in 1956, that works in 40 countries around the world.
DRC’s mandate is driven by three global strategic objectives within the DRC Assistance Framework: Saving lives and alleviation of immediate suffering among people affected by conflict, Safeguarding, restoration and development of livelihoods, and, Institutional and organisational change that contributes to protection of people’s rights and peaceful handling of conflict.
DRC has been operating in Greece since December 2015, providing support to the Greek Ministry of Migration Policy in ensuring dignified reception conditions for refugees and migrants arriving on Lesvos island. In March 2016, DRC expanded its operations in Athens area, Larissa and Thessaloniki in response to the changing context and the build-up of refugee population on mainland Greece.
DRC strives to be one of the leading displacement focused INGOs in Greece in terms of relevance, impact and quality, primarily through an integrated site management approach in support to the relevant Greek authorities, comprising protection activities and the provision of services and assistance to meet the basic needs of the population hosted on the emergency reception sites.
- Under the direct management of the SMS Manager, the SMS Team Leader, in close collaboration with the other SMS staff, will be responsible for supporting the relevant Greek authorities in the day-to-day management of sites and overseeing the management of all of DRC’s SMS field-based staff. SMS-specific activities will entail supporting the implementation of coordination mechanisms and tools to ensure relevant and accessible services, fill gaps and avoid duplication, and building and strengthening effective partnerships with a diverse number of stakeholders at the site level.
- Under the direct management by the SMS Manager and the technical support of the SMS advisor, He / She, will oversee the daily management of the assigned sites including project cycle management and supporting in managing assigned budgets.
- Ensure all the community mobilization activities at the assigned tasks by identifying the respective needs, planning the interventions, implementing the events/activities and evaluating the whole process.
- Work closely with the SMS Manager so as to ensure that all SMS activities are relevant, responsive and are being appropriately monitored and evaluated.
- Reporting the site activities to the SMS Manager on daily basis.
- Collaborate with the SMS Manager on the development of site-specific strategies and plans, including strategies for the regular and participatory engagement with the communities.
- Collaborate with the SMS Advisor and Roving SMS Coordinator to identify, design and implement standardized CCCM tools and support staff to ensure consistency and quality of reporting.
- Lead SMS, Site Ops, Cultural Mediator, and other DRC field staff to identify gaps and needs in service provision in the assigned sites and advocating for developing proactive solutions and strategies in agreement with the responsible Greek authorities.
- Contribute to the development of technical SMS components of proposals, donor reports, site reports, advocacy and policy notes and other SMS reports as required.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Ensure that the assigned projects and associated activities are implemented in accordance with agreed strategies, principles, implementation plans, and donor requirements.
- In collaboration with the Thessaloniki-based M&E team, ensure the implementation of projects complies with quality standards and are monitored in accordance with pre-defined objectives and indicators (i.e. filling all the respective Means of Verification).
- Ensure the completion of accurate and timely reports.
Finance and Administration
- Assume responsibility as primary budget holder of all the assigned projects in the respective sites, and support the development of other SMS components for new budgets.
- Work closely and regularly with the SMS Manager and Thessaloniki-based finance team to monitor spending and ensure the timely utilization of all grants.
- Ensure full compliance with DRC and donor financial guidelines and policies.
Human Resources and Personnel Management
- Assume management responsibilities for DRC’s SMS teams in the assigned sites, and support respectful and positive working relationships, which allow for the effective implementation of all activities. This is to be achieved through leadership, team building, day-to-day support, capacity-building and both strong CCCM and generalist knowledge.
- Participate on site-level recruitment processes and ensure that relevant staffing structures are in place.
- Promote professional development by identifying training and capacity building opportunities and ensure staff are well versed in core humanitarian concepts, DRC's code of conduct, accountability, respectful dialogue with the refugee population, and prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse.
- Collaborate with the Thessaloniki Human Resources department to ensure staff evaluations are conducted on a regular basis.
Logistics and Procurement
- Being in charge of distributing NFIs to the PoC and cover the respective logistics needs (monitoring the stock, supply of items, distribution process).
- Overlook and support everyday logistics at site level, by collaborating with field staff and the Thessaloniki-based logistics and procurement team so as to develop and maintain comprehensive logistics plans.
- Regularly review procurement plans with the procurement and logistics and finance teams to adjust spending as required in advance of project closure.
- Comply with DRC safety and security procedures including Chapters 19 and 20 of the organization’s Operations Handbook.
- Ensures that all the security incidents at site-level are reported to the respective staff that is in charge of, in a timely manner and according to the organizational procedures.
- On request perform any other additional duties assigned by the line manager to allow the DRC North programme to function optimally
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the design and implementation of humanitarian, development or socially-focus projects with an international or national NGO.
- University degree in one of “Political science”, “International Relations”, “Social sciences”, “Business/Administration” or anything similar is required; otherwise at least 2 years of field experience in a management position are required.
- Fluency in written and spoken English with excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Knowledge of Greek (Mandatory). Farsi, and/or Arabic is a strong asset.
- Proven capacity to adapt to a dynamic and changing operational environment.
- Trained on CCCM is a strong asset.
- The contract will be under the Greek Labor Law, and all allowances will be provided to the employees (Christmas, Easter, Vacation bonus).
- DRC provides training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of its services as well as its staff members’ professional and personal development.
- The position will be based in the broader area of Thessaloniki (Northern Greece) and national terms and conditions apply.
- The employee shall follow DRC instructions on safety, confidentiality and ethical guidelines, including the Code of Conduct and the Humanitarian Accountability Framework.
- Employee should not engage in any other paid activity during the DRC contract period without prior authorization.
- Employee should not engage in any activity that could harm DRC or the implementation of any project during the DRC contract period.
- Employee should not give interviews to the media or publish project-related photos or other material without prior authorization.
- Employee shall return all borrowed equipment for the project to DRC after the end of the contract period or upon request.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Send your Documentation online at drc.ngo.
Αυτή η θέση εργασίας δεν δέχεται πλέον αιτήσεις