Shipping Intelligence Intern
Signal is recruiting a Shipping Intelligence Intern,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Signal is a group of companies offering products and services in commercial shipping. We combine our deep knowledge of shipping with our passion for applied science, technology and modern management methods.
Signal Maritime is a commercial ship management company with a technology twist. The company’s focus is placed on producing sustainable, responsive, high-performance commercial management for a growing, modern fleet. At the same time, we are leveraging the group's technologies, as design clients, to enable and pursue new business models in shipping.
Signal Ocean is a technology product engineering start-up, developing an ambitious B2B information and decision-support Software as a Service (SaaS) ecosystem for shipping professionals.
Our young and driven teams have grown from an inner core of a founding entrepreneur and key executives, who spent more than ten years running and transforming one of the world’s leading ship management companies. Our differentiating mix is completed by truly world-class strategists, energy market analysts, data scientists and software engineers.
We are shaping the future of Commercial Shipping. Join us!
- Signal Maritime, is looking for well-organized, efficient, dependable, individuals with a passion for shipping to join its Commercial team in Athens for an internship of 6 months. A successful internship can lead to a permanent position. With primary duties focused around data analysis and shipping operations, candidates need to be exceptionally courteous, positive, engaging, detail-oriented and analytical.
During this internship, you will have the opportunity to be exposed to and help with a wide variety of shipping, operations and analytics matters and be part of a team that with data and tools provides advanced solutions in the domain of maritime transportation.
Some indicative tasks might be
- Internet research on a variety of shipping-related (e.g. data, services, etc.) or computer/data science matters.
- Data and voyage curation: data scouting and discovery, scraping, cleansing, improvement, transformation.
- Participation and assistance in data quality operations.
- Data analysis and development of models describing the shipping market.
- Stakeholders engagement.
- This opportunity is ideal for all of those who are either in undergraduate level or recent graduates, willing to learn and prepare themselves for a career in the shipping and oil, data and engineering industry.
- A background in either Shipping or Engineering/Computer Science (BSc/MSc).
- Excellent generic IT literacy and passion for technology, including Web search.
- Good knowledge of Ms Excel.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Great communication skills.
- Good organization skills, attention to detail and willingness to work in and help the team.
- Capacity for professionalism and willingness to integrate into a corporate culture.
- Previous experience in shipping industry.
- Familiarity with data and coding (e.g. MS SQL Server and/or PYTHON).
- Interaction with customers.
- Familiarity with we design or software development.
- Through this paid internship, you will gain valuable experience in a challenging, high-pace environment, collaborating and developing yourself amongst a young, competent and highly-driven team, engaged in an innovative and ambitious business plan. Through your tasks you will be introduced to basic terms and gain understanding in concepts of the shipping domain.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.