Ship Performance Engineer
Thenamaris Inc. is recruiting a Ship Performance Engineer, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Thenamaris (Ships Management) Inc. is a global ship manager of high specification modern ocean-going vessels and provides its services as agents only.
The fleet under management currently comprises 72 vessels: oil tankers carrying crude oil and oil products such as gasoline and diesel oil; bulk carriers which transport dry bulk cargoes such as grain, coal and iron ore; and containerships.
Thenamaris LNG Inc. manages three 160,000 cbm LNG carriers and one 38,000 cbm LPG carrier.
We operate, maintain, crew and trade our principals’ vessels worldwide, in a safe, efficient and profitable manner.
We ensure consistently high standards throughout our integrated ship management services, covering the commercial, technical, safety and quality, and crewing aspects of managing a diversified portfolio of vessels.
- The newly established Energy Performance Department of Thenamaris is assigned with the mission to improve the company’s Energy Efficiency Policy onshore and on board the vessels.
Our specialized Engineers are developing tools to monitor, evaluate, report and optimize the fleet’s energy performance and act as an information hub for collecting, processing and distributing energy performance data of the fleet.
If you enjoy working in high caliber teams and feel challenged by efforts that generate competitive advantages then this role might be your next career step.
The Ship Performance Engineer is responsible to monitor, evaluate, review and report the energy performance of individual vessels, sub-fleets and / or of the entire fleet.
The role involves technical and market investigations, onboard audits, analysis of historical data and simulations aiming to improve the overall energy efficiency, to align with the industry’s best practices and to forecast the maintenance of critical equipment.
The Ship Performance Engineer participates in the development of tools to monitor, analyze, and report the energy performance of the vessels.
- University diploma in Naval Architecture and / or Marine Engineering.
- Specific knowledge in the following areas: shipping emissions and regulations, hydrodynamics and propulsion, weather routing, sea trials and model tests analyses.
- Minimum 3 years related professional experience or post-graduate research work in any of the knowledge areas mentioned above.
- Data analytics, advanced statistics and / or machine learning techniques.
- Modeling and simulation methodologies / tools.
- Solid programming skills with object oriented languages and databases (Python, SQL).
- Proficiency in English at an oral and written level.
- Familiarity with Project Management philosophy and practices.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and perform as a team member.
- Permanent contract.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.