Thenamaris Inc. is recruiting a Ship Operator, to be based in
- Thenamaris (Ships Management) Inc. is a global ship manager of high specification modern ocean-going vessels and provides its services as agents only.
The fleet under management currently comprises 72 vessels: oil tankers carrying crude oil and oil products such as gasoline and diesel oil; bulk carriers which transport dry bulk cargoes such as grain, coal and iron ore; and containerships.
Thenamaris LNG Inc. manages three 160,000 cbm LNG carriers and one 38,000 cbm LPG carrier.
We operate, maintain, crew and trade our principals’ vessels worldwide, in a safe, efficient and profitable manner.
We ensure consistently high standards throughout our integrated ship management services, covering the commercial, technical, safety and quality, and crewing aspects of managing a diversified portfolio of vessels.
- Thenamaris invites high caliber professionals with the requested qualifications, to apply for the position of SHIP OPERATOR / TANKER FLEET.
The Ship Operator is accountable for controlling the performance of the assigned tanker vessels. You will be part of a dynamic Operations team and your primary responsibility will be to ensure that all needs of the customer are adequately addressed through optimal coordination of the vessel’s itinerary and well planned, executed and controlled ship operations.
The individual is expected to have the capacity to respond to the needs of the crew on all significant decision making stages and to efficiently manage any issue arising throughout the charter party execution that may have an impact on either contractual or commercial performance.
- Sailing experience up to the rank of Master or Chief Officer on board tanker vessels, combined with experience in a vessel operations role of approximately 3 years.
- Additional academic accreditations such as postgraduate studies in the areas of Shipping, Law, Management, Economics would be considered a strong asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively both with the crew and the office; commercial acumen and negotiation skills are also important attributes.
- PC literacy particularly in Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent use of the English language, at a written and oral level.
- Permanent contract.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.